Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Bojan 1 post 21 karma points
    Sep 13, 2014 @ 17:29
    Bojan

Implementing Social Networks web crawler in Umbraco

Hello all!

I am completely new in the world of web development and working on my first web site about analysing my country municipalities activities on the Web, particulary Facebook pages and Twitter. Just started reading and digging in Umbraco and i need some directions, hope you guys can help me getting on the right way...

I need to work with Facebook and Twitter API to get the information needed (from the municipalities facebook pages and twitter acounts ) and than put those information in a custom made database tables in Umbraco. Then after getting this information , my web site, among other things, should show the latest FB statuses, articles and tweets, and to have a page where i  keep an archive of all this information.

My questions are where should i implement this logic?? Where to program this web crawler and put the info in the database?? How to add the info from the database to my Umbraco web site content pages??

I guess my problem is that i don't understand where to implement additional logic to a Umbraco web site.

I am not asking you how to to this, just which technologies should i use.. What exactly should i read about in the long documentation of Umbraco? 

Many Thanks to all who can help!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft