Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rohan 105 posts 162 karma points
    Sep 15, 2014 @ 12:18
    Rohan

how to configure price value at Umbraco so admin can add / remove any ?

Hi

On one of my webpage (cshtml) on frontend website , i need to add one dropdown which has some values like below

• Price 1 - £25
    • Price 2 - £35
    • Price 3 - £45

Right i need this three values in my dropdown (cshtml) but in future it may be possible it will increase. I need to configure it at Umbraco side. 

One way is , as I am aware about generating custom data type and i can generate dropdown kind of thing with some preadd value. So if admin want then they can enter any other value later on. But i don't know how to use that in (cshtml) or how to iterate through all the values of that custom data type in "cshtml".

Another way is,  i can define one document type with two properties like Text and Value. Text will show "Price 1 , Price 2 and so on" and Value store "£25, £35 and so on". and later on on the (cshtml), i can loop through that document type and their nodes and get the values.

Now i want to know which one is good approch from above two ?

Thanks,

Rohan Dave

• Alex Skrypnyk 6133 posts 23952 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Sep 15, 2014 @ 14:10
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Rohan,

The best way is to store price just in the decimal field and than format it to the needed way in frontend.

Sep 15, 2014 @ 14:14
    Rohan

Hi Alex

Thanks for the reply

But how to configure it at Umbraco side ? Do i need to document type , content etc on Umbraco ? So that user can add remove any price ?

• Alex Skrypnyk 6133 posts 23952 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Sep 15, 2014 @ 14:27
    Alex Skrypnyk

You can use 'Numeric' datatype or create your own.

Sep 15, 2014 @ 14:40
    Rohan

Okay

But let's say i have a 10 price category 1 , 2 , 3 up to 10. Each has different amouns lets say one has £25,  another has £35,  another has £45 and so on. So for each price category do you mean i need to add "Numeric" data types. ?

can i define one Document type and use it in (cshtml) by iterating on content node ?

Can you please let me know ?

Thanks

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft