Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Donald Swofford 31 posts 101 karma points
    Sep 15, 2014 @ 17:59
    Donald Swofford

Rich Text not working in templates

For some reason my rich text box isnt working in the template editing section... /umbraco#/settings/framed/%252Fumbraco%252Fsettings%252FeditTemplate.aspx%253FtemplateID%253D1061

It also won't allow me to save the page.  Its a live website so I dont want to mess around and loose the data in here currently.  Any ideas?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Sep 15, 2014 @ 19:34
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Donald and welcome to our :)

What exact version of Umbraco are you using? And what browser are you using?

Cheers, Jan

Sep 15, 2014 @ 22:46
    Donald Swofford

Hey Jan,

We are using Umbraco version 7.1.4

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Sep 18, 2014 @ 09:50
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Donald

And what browser is being used? I have a suspicion it might be a browser issue if you're using IE9< - Otherwise I would probably have a look at the /app_data/logs folder and see if the log reveals anything of use.

Also try having a look at the browser console to see if it reveals any errors - Perhaps some files are missing for some reason.

Cheers, Jan

Sep 18, 2014 @ 21:27
    Donald Swofford

It is has the same problem across IE firefox and chrome.  I will check the files

Sep 22, 2014 @ 15:52
    Donald Swofford

I didnt notice any issue in the log.  Any other ideas?

• Adrian 38 posts 117 karma points
    Sep 22, 2014 @ 16:21
    Adrian

I had the same problem... In my case I noticed that ClientDependancy was not working correctly. In the response to the JS CD request it was sending back some html four times: - something like

<html>....</html> <html>....</html> <html>....</html>
    <html>....</html>

and the browser was throwing an unexpected token < error

looking at the html I noticed it was a Unauthorised error - I couldn't work out quite why though.

So by trial and error I disabled CompositeFileProcessor's enableJsMinify in ClientDependancy.config ( its near the bottom of the file).

a quick test would be to change compilation in web.config and set debug to true. This should disable the CD. It might reveal where the problem is.

Sep 22, 2014 @ 16:31
    Donald Swofford

I didnt understand some of what you said btu when I change

<compilation defaultLanguage="c#" debug="false" batch="false" targetFramework="4.5">

to

<compilation defaultLanguage="c#" debug="true" batch="false" targetFramework="4.5">

It works fine.  any ideas why?

Sep 22, 2014 @ 16:39
    Adrian

I suspect it's a bug in ClientDependency, it's a component that bundles all the javascript or css, and other files into a single file.

The browser only as to make one request to get all the javascript or css, which should make your pages quicker to load over the internet.

I don't have the time to dig much deeper, I saw your screengrab and thought that looks exactly like what happened to me.

Sep 22, 2014 @ 16:55
    Donald Swofford

So you think I should try to comment out that line?

Sep 22, 2014 @ 17:11
    Adrian

Well until the bug is fixed it might be better for you to try disabling the JS minification

this is line 45 of my ClientDependency.config file, it might be one a two line different on yours:

<compositeFiles defaultProvider="defaultFileProcessingProvider" compositeFileHandlerPath="~/DependencyHandler.axd">
        <fileProcessingProviders>
          <add name="CompositeFileProcessor" type="ClientDependency.Core.CompositeFiles.Providers.CompositeFileProcessingProvider, ClientDependency.Core" enableCssMinify="true" enableJsMinify="false" persistFiles="true" compositeFilePath="~/App_Data/TEMP/ClientDependency" bundleDomains="localhost:123456" urlType="Base64QueryStrings" pathUrlFormat="{dependencyId}/{version}/{type}" />
        </fileProcessingProviders>

change the enableJSMinify attribute to false, remove the debug=true in web.config/compilation and see if it still works.

Sep 22, 2014 @ 17:28
    Donald Swofford

It doesnt work if I set it to false and turn debug off.

Oct 06, 2014 @ 15:27
    Donald Swofford

Any ideas?

Oct 06, 2014 @ 16:15
    Adrian

Some possibles:

If you use Chrome, go to the Dev tools(Press F12), then refresh the page and look out for any errors reported in the console or network pages.

Does the account that the site is running under have access to the compositeFilePath, in the config file below this is pointing to "~/App_data/TEMP/ClientDependancy"?

It could be CSS Minification so try disabling that. Leave debugging off, and change the enableCssMinify to false.

<compositeFiles defaultProvider="defaultFileProcessingProvider" compositeFileHandlerPath="~/DependencyHandler.axd">
        <fileProcessingProviders>
          <add name="CompositeFileProcessor" type="ClientDependency.Core.CompositeFiles.Providers.CompositeFileProcessingProvider, ClientDependency.Core" enableCssMinify="false" enableJsMinify="false" persistFiles="true" compositeFilePath="~/App_Data/TEMP/ClientDependency" bundleDomains="localhost:123456" urlType="Base64QueryStrings" pathUrlFormat="{dependencyId}/{version}/{type}" />
        </fileProcessingProviders>

Oct 06, 2014 @ 20:11
    Donald Swofford

Thank you! it was the CSS minification needed to be disabled.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft