Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jan Molbech 40 posts 126 karma points
    Sep 16, 2014 @ 10:14
    Jan Molbech

Changing the styling of backend login page

I want to change the styling and content on the backend login page.

Which files should I change to achieve this?

• John C Scott 473 posts 1183 karma points
    Sep 16, 2014 @ 10:39
    John C Scott

If you look into the dashboard.config file in the /config directory (http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/reference/files-and-folders/dashboardconfig) you will see that this is where the content shown in different sections comes from, including the content section which is the first one you see. You can either change the content in one of the files shown by default (eg views/dashboard/settings/settingsdashboardintro.html ) or remove those files from the config and add a new one (better).

• Jan Molbech 40 posts 126 karma points
    Sep 16, 2014 @ 10:50
    Jan Molbech

Thats not what i'm after. It's the login page (where you input your login name and password) i want to change the style and content of.

Sep 16, 2014 @ 11:44
    John C Scott

i see what you mean

the file /umbraco/views/common/dialog/login.html appears to provide the source in an angular.js format

but I've been trying to see if changing this changes anything and it doesn't seem to

i'm not really very clear how this works - or what prompts umbraco to use a change to this file

Sep 16, 2014 @ 12:10
    John C Scott

I don't know enough about angular to understand how this works. Some changes seem to be taken and some do not.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft