Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jason Espin 368 posts 1335 karma points
    Sep 18, 2014 @ 14:15
    Jason Espin

Float content in Umbraco RTE without using source button

Hi all,

I'm trying to get around a major flaw in the Umbraco back office RTE which is both incredibly limited and in most cases very unfriendly to an end user.

My client wishes to be able to have text wrap around an image they have inserted into the RTE. This should be fairly simple using CSS as all that would need to be done would be to insert the image within the paragraph tag of the text and apply a left or right hand float. The problem is, the Umbraco RTE is extremely limited and only applies custom classes by wrapping an inline span element with the class applied around the selected content which is then wrapped with a p tag by default. This alone is fairly daft as even doing something as simple as inserting an image wraps the image in a set of

tags.

As far as I can see, the rich text editor doesn't even support proper css syntax such as:

h1.foo

I would expect this to product the following html in the editor:

<h1 class="foo">Test</h1>

Instead it just fails to render.

My question is does anyone know of a way of getting around the RTE's limited funcationality to allow the floating of images without using the source button? I could write a macro to allow my users to do this but as this is pretty much a web standard it should be present in a rich text editor.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft