Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Flavio Spezi 129 posts 315 karma points
    Sep 19, 2014 @ 10:15
    Flavio Spezi

Best practice to store dozens of pictures in Content node

I'm using Umbraco 7.1.6.

I developing a website to show builded articles by my customer. Any article can be to have from 3 to 20 pictures.

I'm using "Multiple Media Picker" now. But I thinkt that it is not the best idea.
    It is useful because I can upload many image per type.
    But it is not useful because:

• to maintain Media section in order it is important to replicate the same tree structure that I have in Content section
    • when an Article will be delete, the webmaster will be do delete in both Content and Media sections.
    • I can't define the MediaType that "Multiple Media Picker" will be use to create new media.
    • if user need to delete a media he will go to Media section, than navigate in the same tree of actual content tree.

Before of Umbraco 7, I ever used Content documents to store both text and picture elements: I defined a "Article" content type, then a "Pictures" and "Picture" content type. Any "Article" contain a "Pictures" node, and any "Pictures" contains one or more "Picture" node.
    It works fine, but this solution can't offer me the "Multi upload" feature.

Then, do you know a better solution to optain the advantage of both solutions?

• "Multi upload" feature
    • Facility to archive and editing content owned media.

Thanks!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft