Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tarik 35 posts 106 karma points
    Sep 21, 2014 @ 11:33
    Tarik

Samples Images folder not showing under Media

Guys,

After installing Umbraco successfully with HTML 5 theme I cannot see the folder which contains images under Media section?

enter image description here

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Sep 21, 2014 @ 11:51
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Tarik,

The reason why you not can see some of the samples images under Media section is because the property editor it use to choose picture is a upload type and not a media picker. When you use the upload property editor images are saving directly into the media folder on the disk. If you use the media picker then you can use images from the media section, and it´s folders.

Media picker: http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/using-umbraco/backoffice-overview/property-editors/Built-in-Property-Editors-v7/Media-Picker

Upload: http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/using-umbraco/backoffice-overview/property-editors/Built-in-Property-Editors/Upload

Hope this helps. If you have further questions don't hesitate to ask again.

/Dennis

Sep 21, 2014 @ 12:25
    Tarik

Hi Dennis,

I have under Media Types ==> image ==> type: Media picker and I still cannot see the images under Media section!

Please what is the benefit between using one of them? it is to hide images used to skin project from those used by client?

Sep 21, 2014 @ 12:46
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Tarik,

It´s not under media types, it´s on the documen type for the page. Try to document types in the setting section and find the document type for the Home.

In there click on the generic property tab, and find the bannerImage there you can see that it´s using the upload property editor.

I have made a screenshot to make it easier to understand what I mean.

If you change this to using the media picker then you can pick images in the media library, but it will also require some re-written the code that pull out the image.

In Umbraco 7, you can select multiple images in a media picker if you done that see this example how to get data out of it. http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/using-umbraco/backoffice-overview/property-editors/Built-in-Property-Editors-v7/Media-Picker

If you just select one image, then you can do it in the same way that is was possible in Umbraco 6. Use the example of dynamic razor or strongly typed razor NOT the dynamicNode & dynamicMedia example it's an old legacy method and it´s deprecated. http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/using-umbraco/backoffice-overview/property-editors/Built-in-Property-Editors/Media-Picker

Here are some videos that describes how document types are working in Umbraco http://umbraco.tv/videos/umbraco-v7/implementor/fundamentals/document-types/what-is-a-document-type/

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

Sep 21, 2014 @ 13:00
    Tarik

Hi Dennis,

I think you didn't get my question, please review second image in the first post and the one bellow.

What I'm looking for is why I cannot see that folder under admin portal!

Sep 21, 2014 @ 13:10
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Tarik,

When you have an images in the media section Umbraco automatically creates a folder e.g 1001, an put the image there, these folders are not present in the Umbraco admin interface. In Umbraco you will only see the image that you uploaded to the media section, and if you creates folders in your media sections these will not be visible in the media folder on the disk.

The Starter kit uses the upload property editor to let the user add image for e.g the banner, when you use this property editor Umbraco save the image directly to the disk and it will not be available in the media section.

Hope this helps, else write again.

/Dennis

Sep 21, 2014 @ 13:22
    Tarik

Hi Dennis,

Thank you for these info, please can you mention why you cannot see created folder from Media section on the disk?

Also, I would to know a way to make images available again under Media section.

Sep 21, 2014 @ 14:29
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Tarik,

Folders in media section gets also a random number in the Media folder on disk. One way where you can find the path to the image is by click on the image and the cllick on the preview on the image.

Then you will get the url to the image. and it will looks something like this:http://www.domain.com/media/1001/chrysanthemum.jpg.

The you can go the the media folder on the disk and file the folder 1001. not in the sample folder.

If I understand you correctly about your question: Also, I would to know a way to make images available again under Media section. Then you need to use the media picker to choose images on the page instead of the upload property edtior. Then you upload the image to the media section, and then your user can choose pictures from the media section.

You will need to re-written the razor code that print the images out.

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

Sep 22, 2014 @ 09:18
    Tarik

Hi Dennis,

I know I went with you in more posts but what I got from you is how I can show new images or folder (which I can achieve), my aim is to display the folder already created which I mentioned in the previous image. (currently it is hidden)

I reviewed Umb settings and I found that it could be something related to the package, is it because of the installed theme?

Thank you

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft