Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nathan 67 posts 146 karma points
    Sep 23, 2014 @ 12:42
    Nathan

Manage ~10 sites from a single Back-End

Hi,

First of all, I am considering this because all the sites share similar structure and functionality.

What I am trying to do and understand is how to create and manage ~10 sites from a single backend. Do I need a single Umbraco instance to achieve this? How can I organize my MVC files while they will start to pile up from all the different sites? - considering subfolders in Views (with site name) is not supported out of the box. Or can I make a single backend login that redirects to a site backend based on credentials?

Thanks!

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Sep 23, 2014 @ 12:54
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Dan,

1) You can create your backend as Api and than use Api methods on all sites. 2) You can create different templates for one node and map 10 domain names to one home node.

• David Brendel 792 posts 2970 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Sep 23, 2014 @ 14:57
    David Brendel

Hi Dan,

sure you can have ~10 sites in one umbraco instance. That's only a question of your site design with your DocumentTypes and so on.

Here's a video from this year's codegarden with that topic. http://stream.umbraco.org/video/9921509/40-different-high-traffic-sites-from-a

The organization of the backend files like views, css, js is the real difficulty. Haven't watched the video myself but maybe it's providing some answers for this problem.

David

Sep 23, 2014 @ 16:18
    Nathan

Thanks David, nice video.

This is exactly what we are trying to achieve. Only difference is that our project is mvc and theirs is asp.net. Doesn't say anything about organizing the back-end files like views, css, js though.

Dan

Sep 24, 2014 @ 09:55
    Nathan

Thanks David, nice video.

This is exactly what we are trying to achieve. Only difference is that our project is mvc and theirs is asp.net. Doesn't say anything about organizing the back-end files like views, css, js though.

Dan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft