Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Brian 77 posts 251 karma points
    Sep 23, 2014 @ 16:24
    Brian

RTE Not displaying in content section

Hi guys,

I am currently developling in version 7.03 which has been working fine until now.  When I now add a RTE datatype to a page in the document type and then go to the page in content I only get what looks like a multiple textbox with P tags inside plus the following error at the foot of the screen:

Request error: The URL returned a 404 (not found):  /umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoApi/Stylesheet/GetRulesByName

Any ideas guys?? 

Sep 24, 2014 @ 14:29
    Brian

Hi guys, does anybody have any ideas about the issue above, it's puzzling me to say the least!  I have also tried setting up new doctypes and including rte's but this also creates the same error so it appears to be file or setting related but unsure as to a resolution.

Oct 15, 2014 @ 09:45
    Brian

Fixed this myself in the end, really simple solution!!

All I did was change the property type for the RTE in data types, saved it then changed it back to RTE and saved again.  Refreshing this refreshed the property type settings and allowed me to use the RTE again.

• John Perryn 71 posts 182 karma points
    Dec 16, 2014 @ 15:10
    John Perryn

Thanks Brian. I just had the same problem in V6.2.1 - the back end suddenly stopped displaying the edit box for RTE fields. This was true for Chrome and Firefox up-to-date versions so I reasoned that it was not browser-related. Also the data was being rendered correctly at the front end so I resoned that the data was intact.

Following your advice I went to Developer/Data Types/Richtext editor and changed the Database Type from Ntext to Nvarchar, saved it,  and then changed it back to Ntext, and saved it again. Access to my richtext fields was restored after the second save.

Other than your post I have found no reference to this in searches.

I have backups from before and after the fault appeared if anyone from Umbraco Core is interested.

Thanks again

John

Dec 16, 2014 @ 15:12
    Brian

Glad I helped John... Have a great day :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft