Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rohan 105 posts 162 karma points
    Sep 24, 2014 @ 16:32
    Rohan

how to call <form action> html tag from umbraco page (cshtml)

Hi

I am trying to call html form tag from one of my Umbraco page (cshtml) like below

<from action="https://test.sagepay.com/Simulator/VSPFormGateway.asp" method="post" id="sagepayform">

But it's not working.

I need to call Sage Pay with passing some <hidden> variables. If i do this in my asp.net page then it's workign nicely.

But i need to do same in cshtml.

Please help me here, it's really urgent.

thanks

rohan dave

• Steve Morgan 1346 posts 4453 karma points c-trib
    Sep 24, 2014 @ 17:16
    Steve Morgan

If you're just embedding html in a template then it should just work. One thing .. you've misspelt "form" "<from". 

Sep 24, 2014 @ 17:19
    Rohan

Hi

Yes it's misspelled. I have corrected. But still when my umbraco page is calling it's not calling this action url mentioned.

I need to redirect user on this sagepay url from my Umbraco page.

Please help me 

Sep 24, 2014 @ 18:15
    Steve Morgan

For anyone to help I'm afraid you'll need to explain the flow of the pages and how you have this set up. It sounds like you have a sagepay form that you need to embed in an umbraco form. Does this just post to sagepay and then take the user to an external site? Is it just a form where you insert some values (either via JS or from Umbraco?)?

Is this just a vanilla page template (cshtml) or have you put this into a surfacecontrolller or some other MVC view?   

If it's just a simple page with the sagepay form on the template posting the form to Sagepay then use Chrome dev tools / Firefox and look at the console and / or the Network tab to work out what's going wrong. 

Sep 25, 2014 @ 06:42
    Rohan

Good Morning

Yes i have sagepay account and need to redirect my user on sagepay when they confirm to "PAY". This page is called via Surfface controller as i need to pass values to Sage Pay. So from one Umbraco Page (view - surface controller) i am passing value to that page and then need to redirect on that sagepay.

Yes it should have to work. As i have tried it with ASP.NET webform.

If this direct page post not work then i think i will put one Submit button on the page where user click on it and will redirect on Sage Pay. Is this approach okay ?

Can anyone please guide me here ?

Thanks,

Rohan Dave

Sep 25, 2014 @ 11:38
    Steve Morgan

Rohan,

You need to explain the process - .e.g is it a one click pay or are you building up a complex basket and storing an order?  

Why are you using a Surface Controller - is this so you can use the validation and / or store the order in Umbraco?  At the final step (when the user is going off to pay) can't you just output a vanilla form (not using the Html.BeginUmbracoForm but just rendering a standard HTML form embedding your variables - I'm assuming Sagepay allows you to specify a callback URL so an order "saved" in an earlier step can be marked as paid?).

Steve 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft