Hi, I've got a site with the following tree structure

Home (Root node)

- Sub page 1

- Sub page 2

Microsite1 Home (Root node)

- Sub page 1

- sub page 2

Microsite2 Home (Root node)

For the two microsites I want the microsite node to be included in the link to document.  I.e. for Microsite 1, sub page 1 I want the path to look like this:

/microsite1-home/sub-page-1

instead of this:

/sub-page-1

which is what it is by default.

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks.

• Dennis Aaen 4500 posts 18255 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Sep 25, 2014 @ 08:10
    Dennis Aaen

Hi David,

When you are working with multi language site in Umbraco you should set useDomainPrefixes to true in your Umbraco settings file, the file is located in /config in your Umbraco installation (file system).

What is does is:

useDomainPrefixes: set if umbraco should include the page's domain name in the url. so generated urls will become www.domain.com/pagen/page2.aspx instead of just /pagen/page2.aspx. Usually only used when running multiple sites in the same umbraco installation.

Maybe you need to republish the sites in Umbraco and recyle the site in the IIS before it takes effect. And when you working with multi language site in a single Umbraco installation you also need to specify the hostnames.http://blog.globalizationpartners.com/umbraco-multi-language.aspx

In the webconfig file you have this setting umbracoHideTopLevelNodeFromPath by default it´s set to true. You can read more about it here: http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/reference/webconfig

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft