Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Scott Reed 25 posts 69 karma points
    Sep 25, 2014 @ 18:56
    Scott Reed

Caching in 7

Can anyone explain the changes to the caching system in 7. Is there no XML cache anymore because we are getting performance issues and I can't find anywhere to toggle the caching like there used to be. Any articles on this, I tried to Google but came up blank

Sep 26, 2014 @ 09:29
    Scott Reed

Ok I thought I was going crazy. Bascially out build of Umbraco has stopped generating the XML cache, I've checked on another build of Umbraco and it's working fine but I really need to get the XML working again and I can't for the life on me figure out why. I am on build 7.1.6

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10090 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Sep 26, 2014 @ 11:37
    Ismail Mayat

Scott,

The xml file not being written is usually symptomatic of a permissions issue.  Can you also take a look at your umbraco log file see if there are any errors being logged.

Regards

Ismail

Sep 26, 2014 @ 11:45
    Scott Reed

Thanks for the response, I've finally found out what it was about an hour ago. It was to do with some failed load balancing cofiguration around the umbracoContentXMLUseLocalTemp flag in the appSettings. It's removed now and the caching is working as expected. Thanks for the reply tho Ismail :-) Have a great day

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft