Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• philw 99 posts 434 karma points
    Sep 27, 2014 @ 00:47
    philw

GetBigThumbnail not working in fresh Umbraco 6->7 upgrade

I seem to have managed to get the system working post upgrade (after one dry test run), and I have backups of everything.

The one problem I see so far is that this is throwing error 500, so I can't see any images in the "media" liberary, where I'd expect to see big thumbnails.

I think the premissions are right... anyone seen this before/ know the reason?

http://......./umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoApi/Images/GetBigThumbnail?originalImagePath=%2Fmedia%2F1001%2FimageName.jpg

Sep 27, 2014 @ 14:14
    philw

Ok, now I have a detailed crash dump... as below, it's a permission issue. This is on Rackspace, so either I have the file permissions wrong, or they are not letting me have "full trust". I will see...

{"Message":"An error has occurred.","ExceptionMessage":"Request for the permission of type 'System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.","ExceptionType":"System.Security.SecurityException","StackTrace":"   at System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.Check(Object demand, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean isPermSet)\r\n   at System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.Check(CodeAccessPermission cap, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)\r\n   at System.Security.CodeAccessPermission.Demand()\r\n   at System.IO.FileInfo.Init(String fileName, Boolean checkHost)\r\n   at System.IO.FileInfo..ctor(String fileName)\r\n   at Umbraco.Core.IO.PhysicalFileSystem.GetLastModified(String path)\r\n   at Umbraco.Web.Editors.ImagesController.GetResized(String imagePath, Int32 width, String suffix)\r\n   at Umbraco.Web.Editors.ImagesController.GetBigThumbnail(String originalImagePath)\r\n   at lambda_method(Closure , Object , Object[] )\r\n   at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ActionExecutor.<>c__DisplayClass13.<GetExecutor>b__c(Object instance, Object[] methodParameters)\r\n   at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ActionExecutor.Execute(Object instance, Object[] arguments)\r\n   at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.<>c__DisplayClass5.<ExecuteAsync>b__4()\r\n   at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskHelpers.RunSynchronously[TResult](Func`1 func, CancellationToken cancellationToken)"}

Sep 27, 2014 @ 15:21
    philw

Solution:

1. make site impersonate file owners (was already doing this, but you need to do it if you have not
    2. set trust level to full (not sure if needed for this specifically, but if you don't, you can get "error 500" problems).
    3. set file access mask to 775
    Actually, it's setting trust level to FULL which fixes this - the thumbnail thing presumably needs that.
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft