Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Owen 123 posts 246 karma points
    Oct 01, 2014 @ 16:05
    Owen

Richtext editor in Umbraco 7.1.6

When i paste some HTML code in source code model, it will convert the tab to space, and add <p> tag around it. And i saw a lot of "&nbsp;" after content rend in the page.

Is this a bug or a function that can be turn off? It's really annoy.

I never saw this on different version(v4, v6)

Any advice is welcome, thank you.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Oct 12, 2014 @ 16:37
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Owen

I think it may be due to configuration of tinymce - I don't think it's an Umbraco related issue but more like a tinymce issue.

Don't know if there has been any change in the behavior in tinymce 4, which Umbraco 7 is using as opossed to earlier Umbraco versions that are using tinymce 3.

If it's something that can be configured then you should be able to do it in /config/TinyMceConfig.config file.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

• trev kay 6 posts 26 karma points
    Apr 19, 2015 @ 22:26
    trev kay

Hi, as anyone found  FIX to this issue?

i am also getting loads of &nbsp added to my RTE on save

Please help

Trevor

• Jon 23 posts 53 karma points
    Apr 20, 2015 @ 11:26
    Jon

I have also been experiencing this when trying to feed through news items via a widget. The <div><p><span> display for me on my front page which looks a bit odd. Looking through the tinyMce config I'm unable to find the cause of this.

• Jon 23 posts 53 karma points
    Apr 21, 2015 @ 10:46
    Jon

I have done some searching and found that using @Html.Raw() removes the HTML tags and seems to fix the problem.

Jon

• trev kay 6 posts 26 karma points
    Apr 21, 2015 @ 11:28
    trev kay

Hi,

It seems when you paste in HTML and want the nicely formatted HTML to be persisted in the RTE that is when it puts &nbsp when you save the content.

Interesting when you paste in chrome it put loads of &nbsp whilst trying to maintain the formatted HTML. Firefox loses the formatting but does not put the &nbsp's

The idea is editors should be able to edit the source of the content without the additional nightmare of dealing with &nbsp's

Trevor

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 22, 2015 @ 17:44
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi guys

Yup this is something that should just work and make it easy for editors to copy/paste content from everywhere without having to think about it. Unfortunately it seems that TinyMce is working differently across browsers so when using IE it acts differently than when using Chrome or FIrefox for instance.

Unfortunately it's not something HQ can do anything about since tinymce is a project of it's own. The only thing HQ can do is to keep the version of TinyMce used up to date with the latest release.

I don't know what it would take to try and upgrade tinymce manually - But you can try tinymce here and see if it acts as desired http://www.tinymce.com/tryit/full.php - If so it might be worth trying to do the upgrade and see if that changes anything. But before doing so make sure to keep a backup of everything in case something unforeseen should happen.

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft