Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Stephen Davidson 216 posts 392 karma points
    Oct 03, 2014 @ 13:05
    Stephen Davidson

Umbraco 7 on Azure - remove uComponents

Hi All,

I've been running the latest Umbrco on Azure from the build templates, works really well and have been very impressed with the new UI etc.

Today I installed the latest version of uComponents which didnt seem to install correcly and now I have a server error. I cant get into the back office to try and unistall, i have downloaded all the webfiles...is there something i can do to remove it?

Server Error in '/' Application.

Could not load types from assembly uComponents.DataTypes, Version=6.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null, errors:
    Exception: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'umbraco.editorControls.mediapicker.MemberPickerDataType' from assembly 'umbraco.editorControls, Version=1.0.5350.25721, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=

• Dan Lister 416 posts 1974 karma points c-trib
    Oct 03, 2014 @ 13:12
    Dan Lister

Hi Stephen,

If I remember correctly, uComponents is not yet compatible with version 7 of Umbraco.

Thanks, Dan.

Oct 03, 2014 @ 13:17
    Dan Lister

There is however a version 7 package called nuPickers which is based off some of the old data types present in uComponents I think. That might be useful.

Thanks, Dan.

• Stephen Davidson 216 posts 392 karma points
    Oct 03, 2014 @ 13:20
    Stephen Davidson

Thanks Dan, i'll look into that.

To answer my own question (if i may  ;-)) to easiest way to get Umbraco 7 back up and running is to connect to the azure site via FTP and delete all the uComponents DLL's.

S

Oct 03, 2014 @ 13:21
    Dan Lister

Yeah that's correct. Removing the assemblies should fix the problem.

Thanks, Dan.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft