Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tom C 87 posts 222 karma points
    Oct 15, 2014 @ 11:58
    Tom C

Document Type properties not inheriting after upgrade

Trying again to upgrade from 6.1.2 to 7.1.8 .. afer the upgrade process most things work fine but content nodes with say a doctype a chld of the master doctype are no longer inheriting the master doctype properties as in version 6. Is this intentional or am i missing something?

Thanks for any help,

Tom

Oct 15, 2014 @ 17:14
    Tom C

Just to add to this .. if on a content node I select 'change doc type', a window with mappings comes up and the inherited properties do appear on that but not on the normal editing window .. help!

• Alwyn Rhodes-Mays 5 posts 35 karma points
    Jan 15, 2015 @ 17:10
    Alwyn Rhodes-Mays

I've also ran into this problem today on 7.2 (I upgraded from 7.1.8).

Some of my old (existing) doctypes are inheriting the properties from the parent (in my case 'details'), but the new ones are not.  Very odd!!

Jan 16, 2015 @ 20:29
    Tom C

My problem I found was to do with no entries in the CmsContentType2ContentType db table which I think must have been a problem around an upgrade from 4 to 6 when this table was introduced sometime, but this should not affect an upgrade 7.1 to 7.2. But you might want to check if the child / parent entry is being populated there. The other table to check is the UmbracoNode one with the parentId being set correctly for one doctype to another; both of these tables seem to be used in the process.

tom

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft