Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• shinsuke nakayama 109 posts 250 karma points
    Oct 20, 2014 @ 02:09
    shinsuke nakayama

Slow performance after upgrading to Umbraco 7.1.8

Hi guys,

I just upgrade my CMS from Umbraco 7.1.6 to 7.1.8 and the backend has been performing really slow. For example, when i try to open up one of my document type, it takes about 2min to load, and 2 min to save.

Has anyone experienced this issue?

Also after the upgrade, and when i tried to open the page, it ask me to update the database. Is this normal? It didn't do this when i upgraded to Umbraco 7.1.6.

Cheers

Shinsuke

• shinsuke nakayama 109 posts 250 karma points
    Oct 20, 2014 @ 03:23
    shinsuke nakayama

hmmm weird one, I just restored my database to older version (before update to 7.1.8) and now it seems fine again. Let me run more test but just wondering what does upgrade database do?

• stephanie 52 posts 133 karma points
    Oct 20, 2014 @ 19:18
    stephanie

I'm having this issue too. But I upgraded from 6.0.1 and expected a much better experience. I have Ublogsy installed, but nothing else. The biggest hit is the very first page I hit on the backend, after logging in. The second biggest is hitting the "media" tab.

In Chrome, the page appears to load quickly -- the left hand menu comes up and is navigable. However, the little progress circle in the Chrome tab continues for nearly a minute. During this time the worker process memory seems fine, but the cpu spike to 60-80%. When it's completely finished loading, it goes to 1%, so there's no long term ill effects. But it's really ugly at this point.

Thanks!

Steph

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft