Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Anders 27 posts 47 karma points
    Oct 20, 2014 @ 23:03
    Anders

Umbraco for intranet

Hello!

I want to use Umbraco as an intranet which primary goal is to share documents. I need to types of users; member and admin. It is crucial, that the member group cannot read documents, the admins have made private. I want to use the folder structure, and make the files not accesible by public.

Where do i start? Maybe a good document library distribution of umbraco?

Best regards

Anders 

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Oct 21, 2014 @ 09:06
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Anders,

What you can do is to create a restricted area of your website, where the user needs to login to see the content. The way you do this in Umbraco is to use public-access you can set the public-access for a single user or a role based protection.

http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/reference/umbraco-client/context-menus/public-access

Since you need a folder structure, then you need to create e.g a folder document type, and then allow the document types that need to be available to create underneath.

Then you need to create some members and member groups, a member group, could be admins and so on. Then the user needs to be a member of a member group to get access to the content. If you have access to Umbraco TV,  I think this chapter will be a great start and answers your questions: http://www.umbraco.tv/videos/umbraco-v7/content-editor/administrative-content/members/

I have made an login formin on of my previous projects maybe you can find some inspiration in that.

<%@ Master Language="C#" MasterPageFile="~/masterpages/Master.master" AutoEventWireup="true" %>

<asp:Content ID="content" ContentPlaceHolderID="Content" runat="server">
        <umbraco:Macro Alias="FullWidthPage" runat="server" />
        <umbraco:Macro Alias="SubMenu" runat="server" />
        <div id="loginPage">
            <form runat="server">
            <asp:login id="Login1" class="loginForm" runat="server">
                      <LayoutTemplate>
                        <div id="loginbox">
                          <span class="error">
                            <asp:Literal id="FailureText" runat="server"></asp:Literal>
                          </span>
                          <div class="leftSide">
                            <label class="first" for="ContentPlaceHolderDefault_Content_Login1_UserName">Brugernavn:</label><br/>
                            <asp:TextBox CssClass="second text" id="UserName" runat="server"></asp:TextBox>
                          </div>
                          <div class="rightSide">
                            <label class="first" for="ContentPlaceHolderDefault_Content_Login1_Password">Kodeord:</label><br/>
                            <asp:TextBox CssClass="second text" id="Password" runat="server" textMode="Password"></asp:TextBox>
                          </div>

<div id="loginButtonContainer">
                            <asp:button CssClass="btnSubmit" id="Login" CommandName="Login" runat="server" Text="Log ind"></asp:button>
                          </div>
                        </div>
                      </LayoutTemplate>
                  </asp:login>
            </form>
        </div>
    </asp:Content>

If you are uing Umbraco 7, there is a pre define code snippet with a login form that you can use as a base for your solution.

Hope this helps and make sense,

/Dennis

• Richard Soeteman 4035 posts 12842 karma points MVP
    Oct 21, 2014 @ 10:48
    Richard Soeteman

Hi Anders,

If you really want to restrict file from being viewed/downloaded in the same way you protect content you should install Media protect http://soetemansoftware.nl/media-protect that prevents files being downloaded even when the person knows the url you be redirected to the login/not authorized page.

Best,

Richard

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft