Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• James 251 posts 1169 karma points
    Oct 21, 2014 @ 20:45
    James

Error After Publishing.

Hi Guys,

Just published a website that was confirmed working on my local machine.

After publishing the project to my server, I went through and published the .sdf files that it missed. As well as a few others.

I then set all the permissions on the directories to Read/Write as i do with my other projects.

I went and set the customErrors to Off so I can see the error that was being produced:

Could not load types from assembly umbraco, Version=1.0.5394.16136, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null, errors:
    Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Http, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
    File name: 'System.Web.Http, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
    To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
    Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
    To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

The error continues on for a very long time lots of the same.

I can confirm that the umbraco installation was working in my test environment.

Has anyone seen this error before? Any ideas how to fix?

Kind regards.

• Dennis Aaen 4500 posts 18255 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Oct 21, 2014 @ 21:08
    Dennis Aaen

Hi James,

How did you publish your website to the new server. I am correct that you are using the SQLCE database on this project?

If you are using WebMatrix or another program like this, maybe you should then just try a clean FTP program like FileZilla

The way I normally do it myself when I move a Umbraco installation to a new server that uses the SQLCE database is by simple just upload all the files and folders in the Umbraco file system to the new server via FTP.

From your post it sounds to me like there were some files that didn't get over first time.

So what I would try was delete all the files from the new server and try to upload the files and folders again, using e.g the FileZilla FTP program.

And the new server has the minimum system requirements for running an Umbraco 7 installation. http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Installation/system-requirements

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

• Rob Gibson 13 posts 94 karma points
    Oct 21, 2014 @ 21:09
    Rob Gibson

It appears your files aren't being copied when published. Can you copy the /bin/ folder into the publish directory as well and confirm?

Rob

• James 251 posts 1169 karma points
    Oct 21, 2014 @ 21:14
    James

Its working now guys. The Bin file didnt copy in its entirity. Which is strange, I am using Visual Studio to publish it.

Thanks for the tip.

And the quick response.

Kind regards,

J.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft