Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Robert 20 posts 39 karma points
    Oct 22, 2014 @ 02:21
    Robert

Media Picker, when not logged in

I'm using Umbraco 7.1.8. I created an App_Plugin for the back end. In the back end I'm using the Umbraco Media Picker to allow the user to upload a photo/select a photo, for a person.

Here is my question.

A user can fill out info and upload a photo of themselves through a public facing form. It does not require login of any kind. On this .net control, the user can upload a photo of themselves. The uploaded path is inserted into a db table. The back end editors should be able to change or delete the photo. It was written back in v3.

Right now the photo is uploaded using a .net control. It uploads it to /media/AlumniPhotos/photoname.jpg

I re-wrote the backend in html and angular, I'm using a media picker, which gives me the photo id and provides an easy way to pick or upload a file.

Which would be fine, if anyone can use a media picker on the public facing site, without being logged in.

Is it possible to use a media picker to allow someone to upload a photo (forcing the folder/cat it will be uploaded to), without logging in, on the front public facing site?

If it isn't possible, whats the best way to tackle this situation? If it is possible, can I have an example for the front-end facing form?

I'm going off this example:

https://github.com/TimGeyssens/UmbracoAngularBackofficePages/tree/master/UmbracoAngularBackofficePages/App_Plugins/Example

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft