Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Solomon Closson 22 posts 42 karma points
    Oct 23, 2014 @ 00:33
    Solomon Closson

Using Umbraco 7 with ASP.NET Master Pages? Possible?

I already have a site built, I just want to tie in the ASP.NET Master Page that has already been made, in Visual Studio, into Umbraco. I don't want to use Views or Partials, and just want my Templates in Umbraco to be as follows:

<%@ Master Language="C#" MasterPageFile="~/Umbraco/Masterpages/default.Master" AutoEventWireup="true" %>
    <asp:Content ContentPlaceHolderID="ContentPlaceHolderDefault" runat="server">
    </asp:Content>

And the Master.master file should pull in that content, but how? This was possible in earlier version of Umbraco, just not sure what happened to that possibility in version 7...

So, basically, I need a way to do this without exposing the Master Page Template within Umbraco. The Master.Master file should be in the root, or anywhere in umbraco really, but should have the content placeholders that pull in the Child Templates from Settings -> Templates area of the Umbraco Admin.

How to do this? I've got it all coded, just missing the connection to the .Master file.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Oct 23, 2014 @ 07:44
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Solomon

Yes it's possible. You just need to change the rendering engine to use Webforms rather than MVC.

If you go to the /config/umbracoSettings.config then you need to change the to Webforms. Just search for the tag and you'll find it in the

You can read more about the possible settings in the documentation here http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Using-Umbraco/Config-files/umbracoSettings/ if you would like to see how much can be tweaked.

Remember to recycle the app pool when you have made the change.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft