Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Luke 110 posts 255 karma points
    Oct 23, 2014 @ 10:00
    Luke

Allowing Member Duplicate Email

Hello,

Obviously using V7 - does anyone know how to allow membership duplicate emails?

Regards, L

• Jan Skovgaard 11257 posts 23497 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Oct 23, 2014 @ 10:29
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi L

What is your scenario for needing this? Could you ellaborate a bit?

/Jan

Oct 23, 2014 @ 10:37
    Luke

Hi Jan,

Yes no problem! Some back-office users can register members that do not have email addresses (they will act on their behalf) I want the user to use their email address and use the front-end as the member.

Obviously a user may manage multiple members using the same email address.

I have found a dirty solution in which the user creates the member in the back office firstly using a unique email and then after initial save the user can then update the email to an existing one. (seems a bit hack(ish))

Regards, L

• Jan Skovgaard 11257 posts 23497 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Oct 23, 2014 @ 18:53
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi L

Thanks for the explanation - Unfortunately I'm not sure I got the proper solution for you...Sounds like you perhaps need to do a fork of the core and modify it to fit your needs. But if you go down that path then upgrading in the future can be a difficult process...So not sure that it's ideal.

But when you write that the administrator / users of Umbraco act on the behalf of the members...why don't they know the e-mail address that the member is supposed to be using? I get that they don't want to manage many different e-mail addresses if they need to login on behalf of the members...Sounds as a bit weird scenario...but that is of course also because I don't know why it's been done like that though :) But could there be another way around it? Or is the above described scenario the only way to do the things that the administrators need to do?

/Jan

Nov 17, 2014 @ 09:35
    Luke

Hi Jan,

Sorry for the late reply. The answer to your question is that the users that they will be acting for may not have an email address. Do not worry I have settled with unique emails.

Thank you very much.

L

• Robert Foster 416 posts 1572 karma points MVP admin c-trib
    Jun 18, 2020 @ 07:12
    Robert Foster

This may be an old thread, but still relevant to some people, and here's the solution:

To allow multiple accounts to have the same email address, you need to add requiresUniqueEmail="false" to the UmbracoMembershipProvider configuration in web.config.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft