Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tiago 3 posts 23 karma points
    Oct 24, 2014 @ 11:55
    Tiago

Protected page redirect

Good morning

On Umbraco Backoffice I have set up a protected page, when the user is not logged in he should get redirected to the log in page

When a not logged in user tries to access the protected page he indeed gets the log in form displayed, but I noticed that the URL doesn't change, and with further investigation I understood that he is not getting redirected, Umbraco simply shows the log in page to display

Is there a way to redirect the user to the log in page, instead of just displaying the log in page instead of the protected one?

Kind regards

• Tim 1193 posts 2675 karma points MVP 4x c-trib
    Oct 24, 2014 @ 15:54
    Tim

Hi Tiago,

This is the default behaviour of Umbraco, it renders the login form on the URL of the page that was requested, rather than doing a full redirect. I'm not sure if there's a way to change that behaviour out of that out of the box though. As it's just a .Net site, you could try setting the login page in the web.config file and protecting the location there instead of using Umbraco's login stuff, that might work (although I couldn't say fr 100% certain as I've not tried it myself)?

Regards,

Tim.

• Tiago 3 posts 23 karma points
    Oct 24, 2014 @ 17:47
    Tiago

The way I solved this is that the log in page set on umbraco is a page that runs javascript code to go to the right url, not a pretty solution, but it works

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft