Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Peter Gregory 408 posts 1614 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Oct 27, 2014 @ 13:09
    Peter Gregory

umbracoUrlAlias not working when page outside of main content tree in multi-tenanted site

This is a follow on from a tweet that needed a bit more information before I go and post a bug. I have the following issue.

We have a site that has the following structure.

Site
       |-Home  (hostname set here ... lets say mysite.com)
       |   |-about us
       |   |-more pages...
       |
       |-Jobs (hostname set here as mysite.com/jobs to allow it be browsable)
           |-Job 1
           |-Job 2 (url alias set on this ... lets say job2)

The Problem that I am facing is that URL alias will only work in the main home page of the tree and not in the secondary tree. No matter what all pages in the jobs part of the tree that have a umbracoUrlAlias you get a 404. I figure it has something to do with the pipeline but hoping someone can instantly tell me either "Your doing it wrong" or that there is a bug in the way Umbraco looks for the Url Aliases.

Im assuming its because Umbraco sees the jobs part of the site as being outside of the realm of the main hostname.

• Stephen 767 posts 2273 karma points c-trib
    Oct 27, 2014 @ 13:37
    Stephen

So you'd want "Job 2" url to be mysite.com/job2?

Unfortunately that won't work... the way url aliases work is 1) we try to find a domain and 2) we look for aliases within that domain. The url mysite.com/job2 will match "Home" and not "Jobs" and so the "Job 2" page will not be found. This was not the case pre-4.8 I think but then it led to aliases collisions and other hard-to-trace errors.

So now what can you do? You could move Jobs under Home. That should work. Any reason for Jobs to not be under Home?

• Peter Gregory 408 posts 1614 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Oct 27, 2014 @ 14:02
    Peter Gregory

Thanks for the reply. The reason jobs isnt under home is due to the way their current application works and its more a data repo than anything. I will just move it into the home tree to resolve it.

Thanks for the help :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft