Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dan Sørensen 102 posts 327 karma points
    Oct 27, 2014 @ 14:49
    Dan Sørensen

v7 umbracoUrlAlias shorten url

hi Im trying to make a structure like this.

Site
       |-Home 
       |   |-page
       |   |-more pages...
                  |-test1
                  |-test2 (url alias set on this to "/test2" )

it should then have added a url like www.sitename.com/test2

but it's not working and if I change it to test3 it worked ?

maybe someone have a lite more experiences with the umbracoUrlAlias

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Oct 27, 2014 @ 14:58
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Dan

What exact version of Umbraco 7 are you using? It may or may not be a bug in the particular version. But it could also be something server related. But as far as I know it should be working properly on the latest release of v7.

Does the /app_data/logs file reveal any useful information about the issue perhaps?

/Jan

Oct 27, 2014 @ 15:28
    Dan Sørensen

Have had so many bug related things with the new umbraco -_- !

7.0.3 assembly: 1.0.5147.18550

And yes i have tried to update but then all sorts of dark magic is happening to it !

Oct 27, 2014 @ 15:58
    Dan Sørensen

I have looked in the log file and I really cant find anything related to this. I'm not even sure what to look after maybe you know what I should look for ?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Oct 27, 2014 @ 16:33
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Dan

Yeah, I know it sucks sometimes when bugs makes your life harder than you would like it to be.

What kind of issues are you having if you try doing an upgrade? And what upgrade path do you follow? What is your setup? Is it running IIS7/8 and MS SQL or CE SQL or?

Well, I'm wondering if there are some entires marked with ERROR or potentially WARNING. It might give a hint...but it's not certain at all.

The site you're working on...is it a big site? If not maybe a strategy could be to migrate to the latest release of Umbraco instead? (Might be a good idea to make a test download/install to see if the issue still remains in the latest version though).

/Jan

Oct 27, 2014 @ 23:47
    Dan Sørensen

im not really sure if its on a iis7 or 8 because im not hosting it, I'm only developing the site, but I would guess IIS7 and with a mssql db.

I tried to upgrade from 7.0.3 to 7.1.0 but then some datatypes was no longer working eksempel all the dropdown values was gone so when you tried to select a value you could see that it still had the same amout of values but all values was just blank. but backend was still working, and I was not getting any errors when I update.

Ill would guess there is around 1500-2000 nodes already in this project so it's too big for that unfortunately.

But thanks for the help so far I appreciate that!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft