Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jason 92 posts 175 karma points
    Oct 29, 2014 @ 17:59
    Jason

Unable to login in /Umbraco using IIS site.

Hello everyone, first post here - hoping you can help.

I installed Umbraco 7 via Visual Studio 2013 via the NuGet package manager console. I created my own database in SqlServer and did a 'Customized' install.

If I run the application (Ctrl+F5) the app fires up, i'm able to view the 'Looks like there's work to do....Setup your website') page. After clicking the link I enter my username and password, then taken to the CMS view.

I have also set up on an IIS site, pointing to c:Projects\Umbraco7\Umbraco7. If I visit the site (http://Umbraco7.local) it too takes me to the 'Looks like there's work to do..set up your website'. After clicking the link it again asks me for username and password. This time on entry, nothing happens, whether i use correct or incorrect credentials.

Anyone able to help?

thanks

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5058 posts 15520 karma points MVP admin hq
    Oct 29, 2014 @ 21:44
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Check your javascript console if nothing happens. Also, remember that your username is the email address you provided (you can double check in the umbracoUser table to make sure what it was).

• Jason 92 posts 175 karma points
    Oct 30, 2014 @ 10:15
    Jason

Many thanks. I did delete this thread as I figured it out soon after posting but for some reason it's still here.

The issue was local to myself. Within IIS I had to access the app pool using X credentials.

Kind regards

Jason

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft