Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Michaël Vanbrabandt 863 posts 3348 karma points c-trib
    Oct 31, 2014 @ 08:05
    Michaël Vanbrabandt

Access different node then Currentpage in Macro

Hi,

I want to create a block Recent projects that is on my Home page which displays the last 2 published projects I have added.

I have created a node Homepage which is the root of my project, and under need a node called Projects. This contains 5 project items, 3 of them are published the others not.

On developer > Partial Views, I have created a new view called LatestProjects which I then have added on the Homepage template. I used the snippet with the Orderby on createDate.

Now, the CurrentPage variable in the foreach is now the Homepage, but how can I access the node Projects to collect the child items?

Grt Mich

• Dennis Aaen 4500 posts 18255 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Oct 31, 2014 @ 08:41
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Mich,

With this code you should be able to list your projects on your home page.

@{ 
        var projects = Umbraco.ContentAtRoot().DescendantsOrSelf("umbNewsOverview").FirstOrDefault();
    }
    <ul>
        @* OrderBy() takes the property to sort by and optionally order desc/asc *@

@foreach (var page in projects.Children.Where("Visible").OrderBy("CreateDate desc").Take(2))
        {
            <li><a href="@page.Url">@page.Name</a></li>
        }
    </ul>

Remember to change "Projects" in the DescendantsOfSelf in the this line:

var projects = Umbraco.ContentAtRoot().DescendantsOrSelf("Projects").FirstOrDefault();

So it match your document type alias of the overview page, where you have your project items under.

I have also implemented that it only takes two of the children by using Take(2) if you change it to 3 it will display 3.

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

• Michaël Vanbrabandt 863 posts 3348 karma points c-trib
    Oct 31, 2014 @ 08:57
    Michaël Vanbrabandt

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for the reply!

In your code you use Umbraco.ContentAtRoot() does this returns the Homepage node, eg. the root?

Michael

• Dennis Aaen 4500 posts 18255 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Oct 31, 2014 @ 09:07
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Michael,

Yes it returns the root, you can read about the UmbracoHelper here including the ContentAtRoot(): http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Reference/Querying/UmbracoHelper/#ContentAtRoot%28%29

There are also a typed version of this, if you are using strongly typed version of Razor. http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Reference/Querying/UmbracoHelper/#TypedContent%28intid%29

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft