Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nicholas Westby 2054 posts 7100 karma points c-trib
    Nov 06, 2014 @ 02:13
    Nicholas Westby

Restrict the Users that Members Can Manage?

I need one "master" user (not members... actual Umbraco users that can log into the CMS). That master user needs to be able to create "restricted" users. Those restricted users should be able to create members. Restricted users should only be able to see members they created.

For example, the master user is Bob. Bob creates Jack and Jane, both restricted users. Jack creates the member Alice, and Jane creates the member Adam. Jack can't see Adam and Jane can't see Alice. Here is what each of them can see:

• Bob can see: Jack/Jane/Alice/Adam.
    • Jack can see: Alice.
    • Jane can see: Adam.

Is this possible out of the box with Umbraco (i.e., without having to resort to using the API)?

I see that I can restrict users to the "Members" section, but is there anything more granular than that? I'm imagining something like setting a start member folder as you can with the content section (though the only "folders" for members are letters of the alphabet, so that doesn't seem possible from what I can tell).

• David Sheiles 67 posts 337 karma points
    Nov 06, 2014 @ 02:30
    David Sheiles

Unfortuantly, no, not out of the box. I havent come accross any packages that will do this. You may need to resort to building your own. 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft