Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dan Sørensen 102 posts 327 karma points
    Nov 07, 2014 @ 10:08
    Dan Sørensen

Recreate cash ?

In backend all is fine. but frontend showing old nodes.

I had a local version of the site to test some code, the code worked and alot of nodes got changed and moved. the local version run on the same database so now the online versions cash is still showing all the old nodes. I have tried to publish parent and all sub pages, with no help. is there a quick way to fix cash. ?

I have also tried deleting the umbraco.config from app data

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Nov 07, 2014 @ 10:10
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Dan

Have you tried right clicking the "Content" node and choose "Republish entire site"? This should update the XML cache and make the stuff disappear from the frontend.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Nov 07, 2014 @ 10:14
    Dan Sørensen

hi jan that sounds scary !

Nov 07, 2014 @ 10:18
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Dan

Well, it's just making sure that the content displayed on the frontend resembles the content you have in your backend. It's not really a bit thing. Just updating the XML cache. That's all really :)

But yeah, the way I wrote it probably missed "makes the old nodes disappear"...less cary, right? :)

/Jan

Nov 07, 2014 @ 10:24
    Dan Sørensen

I have tried now but instant after pressing the button it says it done and nothing happens ? the cash is sadly not refreshed but thanks for the help :)! it was worth a try

Nov 07, 2014 @ 10:35
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Dan

Well it does not do anything visually in the dialogue that appears.

But can you download the /app_data/umbraco.config file from your server and make a comparison between your local umbraco.config and your server umbraco.config? If they're not identical then you should perhaps make sure that the server instance has sufficient permission so "republish entire site" can do it's magic. (If I understand the problem correctly).

Since you're running the same database locally and serverwise I highly suspect that this is the issue though.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

/Jan

Nov 07, 2014 @ 11:55
    Dan Sørensen

I compared and there was only some minor difference so think it worked. Think I didn't got the page decently refreshed Thanks Jan!

Nov 07, 2014 @ 12:25
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Dan

Yeah, one can sometimes play some tricks on oneself (I do it all the time) - But glad you managed to get it sorted :)

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft