Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• dan 54 posts 133 karma points
    Nov 11, 2014 @ 06:27
    dan

Missing theme in TinyMCE

I moved my site from one server to another and I noticed that the TinyMCE editor doesnt work anymore. When I check for errors it is looking for a js file which doesnt exist anywhere.

/umbraco/lib/tinymce/themes/advanced/theme.min.js

I can't figure out why it works on the old site but not the new one. I've already downloaded all the files several times and re-uploaded. No errors so it should be apples to apples here but it is asking for this .js file which doens't even exist in any folder. I'm looking at the tiny_mce_src.js file and see where a theme is set in the settings object but I can't change it to something where the editor isn't asking for that missing file.

Does anyone have a clue why this is happening?

I did notice that on the site where it does work, it doesnt load a them.min.js file. It's loading a skin file.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Nov 11, 2014 @ 07:56
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Dan

Yeah that indeed sounds like very odd behavior.

When you did the move...did you then copy over the /app_data/TEMP files as well? If so try deleting the contents of the TEMP folder on your new location and go to /config/ClientDependency.config and increment the version number as well.

If that does not work then try to check your permission settings - Sometimes it can be the cause but can't remember the exact scenario though.

Just out of curiosity...what exact version of Umbraco are you using?

/Jan

Nov 11, 2014 @ 08:13
    dan

Hey Jan,

I'm using version 7.1.4. I did copy over the temp folder when I moved the site. I cleared it and incremented the version in the clientDependency.config. Cleared cache, tried again and got the same results. Cursory checks around functionality on the site and the folder permissions on the server it doesn't look like I permissions issue.

The theme.min.js seems to be called by another non-existent file anywhere is the tinymce.min.js. The minificaiton doesnt help give any clarity.

Nov 11, 2014 @ 08:18
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Dan

Hmm, ok...could you try downloading Umbraco 7.1.4 and copy over the contents of umbraco and umbraco_client to see if it makes any difference? Remember to unblock the zip file and make a backup before doing it of course :)

/Jan

Nov 11, 2014 @ 08:19
    Jan Skovgaard

...And did you recycle the app pool after the increment of the ClientDependency.config file btw?

Nov 11, 2014 @ 08:29
    dan

Yes, I cleared the app pool after I updated the clientDependency.config.

Nov 11, 2014 @ 09:29
    dan

Still didn't work. I feel like there is a setting influencing the theme some where else I'm not seeing. In the theme folder there is ...

/umbraco/lib/tinymce/themes/umbraco/theme.min.js
    /umbraco/lib/tinymce/themes/modern/theme.min.js 

No advanced theme exists anywhere that I can source. 

/umbraco/lib/tinymce/themes/advanced/theme.min.js

I can't swap in the files from the other themes either or I just get uncaught errors from an annonymous function.

Nov 11, 2014 @ 09:52
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Dan

When you moved the site...Did you move the database as well or is it still running on the same database? And what database is it running?

/Jan

Nov 11, 2014 @ 09:57
    dan

It's still running on the same database. Its a mssql 2012 

Nov 11, 2014 @ 10:00
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Dan

Ok...hmm, currently I'm a bit lost and I'm out of ideas. If I think of something to try then I'll let you know.

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft