Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Phill 115 posts 288 karma points
    Nov 11, 2014 @ 15:01
    Phill

Listview Configuration

The list view has come a long way in 7.2 (beta 2), almost to the point where I can finally use it now that you can use MNTP to pick nodes from a listview node (although I hate that I have to remember part of the name of the node in order to search for it, but that's another post).

Before I create an issue for a feature request I wanted to make sure I'm not missing something about the listview configuration. I have a document type that uses a DropDownList with a number of values as well as a SQL DDL that pulls values from another node. I'd like to use both of these columns to display as well as making them both sortable (seems only one column can be used for sorting atm). Right now if I add these fields as columns to the list view it displays the IDs that are stored as part of the node. Is it possible to display the preValue Text and the node Name instead? If not, is this planned?

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Phill

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Nov 11, 2014 @ 15:17
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Phil

I have not had the chance to play around with the beta myself yet but I think it's actually a good point and perhaps you should file it as a feature request/bug on the issue tracker. I'm sure the HQ will appreciate it. Any issue found and reported now has a higher chance of making it into the final release I think.

Cheers, Jan

• Phill 115 posts 288 karma points
    Nov 11, 2014 @ 15:18
    Phill

Will do, just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something obvious before requesting that it be added :)

• jonok 297 posts 657 karma points
    Dec 01, 2014 @ 04:37
    jonok

Yes I just encountered this same problem - if we can display pre-values in the listview then it would be great. It would also be very beneficial if we could search on these pre-values as well.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft