Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Robin Nicholl 137 posts 277 karma points
    Nov 12, 2014 @ 13:09
    Robin Nicholl

Cannot log in after Examine configuration

Hi

I've just set up Examine search, and now I can't log in to either the production or development sites.

I migrated the Examine setup to production after it seemed to work faultlessly on the dev server, but didn't notice the login problem: this only happened after I'd logged out. Now, whichever user I try, I always get "Login failed for user xxx".

Help! This is supposed to go live today, and I can't do anything!

NB: Examine is the only thing I can think of that might have caused this, as it's the most recent change I've made, and everything was fine yesterday. I've tried various things found in the forums but, for example, userNoConsole is already set to False in umbracoUser tables on both installations. I am still logged in on the production server in one browser, but can't save any edits... although I do seem able to create new Users (which also fail to log in).

Thanks

• Robin Nicholl 137 posts 277 karma points
    Nov 13, 2014 @ 18:21
    Robin Nicholl

I've just realised that I was incorrectly blaming Examine: it actually seems to be to do with the IIS "Enforce lowercase URLs" rule which I also applied this morning: when I remove it, everything goes back to normal.

I've since found out how to deal with this at http://umbraco.miketaylor.eu/2010/11/03/url-rewriting-and-seo/

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft