Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tommo1977 13 posts 74 karma points
    Nov 12, 2014 @ 18:08
    Tommo1977

Using Umbraco with Amazon AWS, for multiple site and multiple region support.

Hi,

We have a .NET C# background, and are currently using Amazon AWS for EC2, RDS, Route53 etc. I'm currently looking at different Content Management Systems, and came across Umbraco.  Our requirements are as follows;

MULTIPLE SITE SUPPORT
    We will host in the region of 100 different websites, and want to be able to manage all sites through one interface if possible, with each site having the ability to use different templates.  In addition, are we able to provide a master adminstrator login, and they a website login should the owner of the site like to make changes.

MULTIPLE LANGUAGE SUPPORT
    Each website, should have the ability to support 1 of X number of languages.

LOCAL WEBSITE GEO TARGETTING
    Using Amazon's Route53 (which we know how to set-up) we want to host Umbraco in three AWS regions, which are Ireland, N. Virginia and Japan.  For example if a user in the UK goes to the site www.mydomain.com they are redirected to the Ireland server.  If a user in Brazil goes to www.mydomain.com they are directed to the  N. Virginia server.  

I was thinking of using Amazon RDS to have a master database copy in Ireland, and then have read replicas in Japan and N. Virginia.    But the problem I can see is that the read replicas are just that, read-only.  Is this going to be a problem ?

My queston is does Umbraco support what we need ?

• Tommo1977 13 posts 74 karma points
    Dec 22, 2014 @ 11:08
    Tommo1977

Adding to my initial post, I have been reading about 'Extended Distributed Calling Package for Umbraco'.    Is what I'm trying to achieve possible ?  I wondered if anyone can offer some advice.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft