Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Simon 48 posts 108 karma points
    Nov 12, 2014 @ 18:26
    Simon

Member can edit not saving

I added a few member properties using the back office and they seem to have been applied without issue. However, when I try and make these properties available to the member for editing I am unable to save the "Member can edit" setting (nor the show on profile). Sometimes it will save the first time I do it but then will revert back to unchecked when I load the member type back up. I'm using Umbraco 7.1.4.

I also feel like I might have too many overlapping properties that were created by previous "guess and check" development or trying different starter kits. For example, there are 2 different "Approved" properties and I don't understand why.

Any help or things to try is much appreciated. I should also mention that the site is complete and filled with content at this point, so reinstalling umbraco is probably not an option. I can, however, create a completely new member type if that is the solution.

I am including a few screen shots below to show what I'm working with.

Thanks!

Member can edit tab:

All properties for member type:

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Nov 12, 2014 @ 21:29
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Simon

Sounds like it's a good idea to start over with this one.

However be aware that some propeties are setup out of the box (In a clean Umbraco installation with no starter kit) so make sure that you check, which properties are defined by default before you start adding new ones :)

If it still acts up then please don't hesitate to ask for help once again. Then we can take a closer look. If possible try to upgrade or download the latest stable version of Umbraco, which is currently 7.1.8.

/Jan

Nov 13, 2014 @ 01:07
    Simon

Creating a new member type didn't work. I'm trying the upgrade now, I'll update this thread if that doesn't work.

Nov 13, 2014 @ 02:05
    Nov 13, 2014 @ 02:47
    Simon

Got my upgrade to work.

Created a new member type.

Created new properties and even gave them aliases like "firstName1" just in case there was a hidden default.

Still the same result... I can't set the properties' "Member can edit" setting to true in the backoffice.

Nov 13, 2014 @ 05:37
    Simon

Further adding to the mystery:

I manually changed the values to true in the database (using SQL 2008 for this site) and then cleaned out all the server-side caching stuff in the app_data folder. After starting the app back and going in to the back office, I made one change to the member type, adding an Icon. The "member can edit" setting of one of my properties (in both the back office and the database) reset to false.

Here's the simple query I used to find the values:

SELECT cmsPropertyType.*, cmsMemberType.memberCanEdit, cmsMemberType.viewOnProfile
    FROM cmsPropertyType INNER JOIN cmsMemberType ON cmsPropertyType.id = cmsMemberType.propertytypeId

Hope this helps. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft