Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Peter S 169 posts 587 karma points
    Nov 13, 2014 @ 08:36
    Peter S

301 redirect tools

We just launched our new site using Umbraco 7.1.4, replacing a none-Umobraco CMS. A lot of the URLs have changed and I'd like to do some heavy 301 redirect work. I tried a couple of the available packages but can't seem to find one that will work with the Umbraco 7.

Any tips on techniques or packages to use to do this work easy in Umbraco 7?

• Dan Lister 416 posts 1974 karma points c-trib
    Nov 13, 2014 @ 08:42
    Dan Lister

Hi Peter,

You could try the 301 Url Tracker package. It works with version 7 and seems to do the job well.

Thanks, Dan.

Nov 13, 2014 @ 10:16
    Peter S

I've tried that one but it gives me the following error during install:

Installing the database table failed: Umbraco Exception (DataLayer): SQL helper exception in ExecuteNonQuery (You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'IDENTITY (1,1) , `OLDURL` NVARCHAR(400) NULL , `OLDURLQUERYSTRING` NVARCHAR(400)' at line 1)

Well, this is awkward... It seems an error has occurred :-(
    Please post a topic at the forum, including the message above, some information about your setup and the stacktrace below:

Stacktrace: 
    at InfoCaster.Umbraco.UrlTracker.UI.Installer.UrlTrackerInstallerService.HandleException(Exception ex) in c:\Users\kipusoep\Documents\GitHub\UrlTracker\UI\Installer\UrlTrackerInstallerService.asmx.cs:line 170
    at InfoCaster.Umbraco.UrlTracker.UI.Installer.UrlTrackerInstallerService.InstallTable() in c:\Users\kipusoep\Documents\GitHub\UrlTracker\UI\Installer\UrlTrackerInstallerService.asmx.cs:line 34
    at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
    at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
    at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
    at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke(Object obj, Object[] parameters)
    at System.Web.Script.Services.WebServiceMethodData.CallMethod(Object target, IDictionary`2 parameters)
    at System.Web.Script.Services.RestHandler.InvokeMethod(HttpContext context, WebServiceMethodData methodData, IDictionary`2 rawParams)
    at System.Web.Script.Services.RestHandler.ExecuteWebServiceCall(HttpContext context, WebServiceMethodData methodData)
    at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
    at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)
    at System.Web.HttpApplication.PipelineStepManager.ResumeSteps(Exception error)
    at System.Web.HttpApplication.BeginProcessRequestNotification(HttpContext context, AsyncCallback cb)
    at System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context)
    at System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationHelper(IntPtr rootedObjectsPointer, IntPtr nativeRequestContext, IntPtr moduleData, Int32 flags)
    at System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.ProcessRequestNotification(IntPtr rootedObjectsPointer, IntPtr nativeRequestContext, IntPtr moduleData, Int32 flags)
    at System.Web.Hosting.UnsafeIISMethods.MgdIndicateCompletion(IntPtr pHandler, RequestNotificationStatus& notificationStatus)
    at System.Web.Hosting.UnsafeIISMethods.MgdIndicateCompletion(IntPtr pHandler, RequestNotificationStatus& notificationStatus)
    at System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationHelper(IntPtr rootedObjectsPointer, IntPtr nativeRequestContext, IntPtr moduleData, Int32 flags)
    at System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.ProcessRequestNotification(IntPtr rootedObjectsPointer, IntPtr nativeRequestContext, IntPtr moduleData, Int32 flags)

Nov 13, 2014 @ 10:18
    Dan Lister

Hi Peter,

It might be worth raising a bug on the project's Bug Reports forum.

Thanks, Dan.

Nov 13, 2014 @ 10:19
    Peter S

It installs the rest of the plugin but when I click it I get "Table 'umbracodb.icurltracker' doesn't exist". is it the only table perhaps you can give me a script to create it? ;)

Nov 13, 2014 @ 10:19
    Peter S

Yeah, I'll report it right away.

Nov 13, 2014 @ 10:20
    Dan Lister

You could try the Create Table scripts on the project's Github page.

Thanks, Dan.

Nov 13, 2014 @ 10:22
    Peter S

Sweet, thanks for the link!

Nov 13, 2014 @ 10:30
    Peter S

My guess is that those scripts aren't very compatible with MySQL.

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12134 karma points MVP 9x admin c-trib
    Nov 13, 2014 @ 10:54
    Dave Woestenborghs

Maybe you can try SEO checker. This handles this as well and adds a ton of other SEO related features.

http://soetemansoftware.nl/seo-checker

Dave

Nov 13, 2014 @ 14:07
    Peter S

Url Tracker was, like I suscpected, not supporting MySQL.

I'll take a look at SEO Checker, Dave!

Nov 14, 2014 @ 10:16
    Peter S

SEO Checker runs like a charm, Dave. Thanks for the tip!

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12134 karma points MVP 9x admin c-trib
    Nov 14, 2014 @ 11:06
    Dave Woestenborghs

Don't thank me...thank Richard Soeteman for this excellent package...https://twitter.com/soetemansoft

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft