Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Scott Reed 25 posts 69 karma points
    Nov 13, 2014 @ 14:00
    Scott Reed

Scheduled Tasks

I've read old posts on this but I've added some Scheduled Tasks tasks in to our 7.1.6 build of Umbraco but they aren't starting or running, there's nothing in the logs and when I go to the url as defined in the config on the servers themselves the code runs fine? Any help or ideas?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Nov 13, 2014 @ 14:04
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Scott

What does your configuration in umbracoSettings.config look like?

/Jan

Nov 13, 2014 @ 14:07
    Scott Reed

The services run on 2 load balanced web servers on both point to the local IP of the ashx, I have checked and both run as expected if on the server and calling from a browser. Here is the task

<task log="true" alias="CacheUpdater" interval="1" url="http://172.22.1.228/umbraco/Webservices/CacheUpdater.ashx" />

Nov 13, 2014 @ 14:11
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Scott

Is the intention that the service should be hit every 1 second? Don't know if it's because the interval is too low that nothing ever happens. Does it make any difference if you set it to 60 seconds?

Otherwise it might be something with the load balancing...I'm not to familiar with that though.

/Jan

Nov 13, 2014 @ 14:17
    Scott Reed

Sorry that was a mistake, I set it to 2 minutes both still nothing. I've used scheduled tasks with load balancing before and it should be working as expected :-( Thank tho

Nov 13, 2014 @ 14:23
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Scott

Ok, not sure whether it may be a bug or not. But hopefully some of the other bright minds in here have an idea. Perhaps as an alternative you could use the windows task scheduler instead?

Maybe you could try making a fresh install on Umbraco 7.1.8 and see if it works in that version...simply to figure out if it's a bug with Umbraco or perhaps something in the setup?

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft