Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Luke 110 posts 256 karma points
    Nov 17, 2014 @ 10:18
    Luke

Users, User Permissions and Types

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help with the following problem.

I created a new User Type X Partner I then restricted their access to their particular Partner Node in the content tree. I give them access to content, media, users, members.

However they seem to be able to edit all users of any user type. Is it possible for them to only see,edit,create users of X Partner?

The other issue I have is when they create a new User. Even though I gave them only access to their partner node - when they create a new User and do not fill out the Start Node In Content then they have full access to the entire content tree (i,e parents nodes)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

L

Nov 21, 2014 @ 18:55
    Luke

Anyone?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Nov 21, 2014 @ 19:09
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi L

I don't think that it's possible to only allow users to see their "own" users so to speak. You can either access all of the users section or none of it.

Not sure if it's something that can be easily customized by hooking into the Umbraco API though. But out of the box I'm 99% certain that it's not possible.

/Jan

Nov 22, 2014 @ 10:40
    Luke

Thank you Jan,

Do you know any resources to get started on customizing the Umbraco API? I could also look to modify the Members section so that certain users can view Members but not edit the Member Types and Groups?

Thank you so much as always for your help!

Regards, L

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Nov 25, 2014 @ 08:21
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi L

Not sure but I think if it's documented you'll find it here somewhere http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Reference/

Don't get scared of if it's says v6 some places - It's the same for v7.

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft