Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• David Maxwell 10 posts 61 karma points
    Nov 17, 2014 @ 18:20
    David Maxwell

Unable to login with users created in the back end

Version: Umbraco 7.1.8

Problem: I have found that I am unable to login with users created via the admin area. I am working on a relatively clean install (two packages - CMSImport and NetAddict.Gmap). I have built the site to a decent starting point and am at the point where I am ready for people to start to add content to the site. But when I created a user for testing the writer permissions, I found I am unable to login to the back-end. I get this message in the console.

POST /umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoApi/Authentication/PostLogin 400 Bad Request 114ms

I have tried using both the userid and the email. I have tried using the reset password functionality, and copy/pasting the password and email address over. I have tried to set the user and an admin account. I have tried it both with my local install and in my production install.

Any ideas? I have looked through the logs (both Umbraco and site) and don't see anything suspicious, but perhaps I don't know what I am looking for.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Nov 17, 2014 @ 19:10
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi David

First off - The username for the login is always the e-mail address when you're using Umbraco 7. So e-mail and password setup for the user should work.

Ok...So...What database are you using? Does the /app_data/logs file reveal any useful information? Anything marked with ERROR or Warning?

I must admit that I have never seen this issue before but perhaps it could be related to a permission issue on the system? On your local environment...what happens if you provide full access for the everyone role? If this works you should of course not apply that on the production environment...just want to test and figure out if it can be related to a permission issue.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

/Jan

Nov 17, 2014 @ 20:32
    David Maxwell

Thanks for getting back to me.

Sorry about forgetting to mention the dB. I'm using SQL server (2008 R2 locally, 2012 on the live site).

I don't see anything in the tracelog. I just tried to reproduce the problem, but nothing got added to the log. Last error I see which might be similar to this problem would be:

2014-11-17 09:16:10,532 [7] INFO Umbraco.Web.Security.WebSecurity - [Thread 13] User Id: 0 logged in 2014-11-17 09:16:11,079 [7] INFO Umbraco.Core.PluginManager - [Thread 29] Starting resolution types of Umbraco.Web.Trees.TreeController 2014-11-17 09:16:11,079 [7] INFO Umbraco.Core.PluginManager - [Thread 29] Completed resolution of types of Umbraco.Web.Trees.TreeController, found 4 (took 0ms) 2014-11-17 09:16:11,657 [7] INFO Umbraco.Core.PluginManager - [Thread 33] Starting resolution types of umbraco.interfaces.ITree 2014-11-17 09:16:11,657 [7] INFO Umbraco.Core.PluginManager - [Thread 33] Completed resolution of types of umbraco.interfaces.ITree, found 40 (took 1ms) 2014-11-17 09:16:20,017 [7] ERROR Umbraco.Core.UmbracoApplicationBase - [Thread 23] An unhandled exception occurred System.ArgumentException: Could not parse the type set in the request at ClientDependency.Core.CompositeFiles.CompositeDependencyHandler.System.Web.IHttpHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Nov 17, 2014 @ 21:11
    David Maxwell

sigh. I KNEW it was going to be something stupid.

For the record, the back-end uses value in the login field to work, or at least it did when I made it match the value in the email address. When they are different, I couldn't use either fields. When I made them the same, it worked. Ugh. Should have caught that.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft