Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Johan Larsson 28 posts 98 karma points
    Nov 18, 2014 @ 20:13
    Johan Larsson

Performance issue: Umbraco 7.1.6 with many members

I am running Umbrao 7.1.6 and wondering how many members Umbraco can handle.

I have tried to import 50 000 members to the system and it seems that this is too much to handle for Umbraco. For example when I click in to the members page in backoffice and open the tree node for members starting with the letter A the web browser becomes really slow, after approximate 1,5 minutes the members with the letter A will be shown.

Is this a performance bug in my Umbraco version (7.1.6) or is the system not designed to handle that much members?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Nov 18, 2014 @ 20:47
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Johan

It might be a performance issue in Umbraco but it might also be that you can improve performance by adding indexes to the database. Have a look at the last post Mikkel writes on this thread on the first page http://our.umbraco.org/forum/developers/extending-umbraco/42361-This-is-a-bit-dirtybut-I-need-to-mess-with-the-database - And then read the rest of his responses as well.

We had an issue with a site where the content and media section was reaaally slow - adding indexes to the tables in from the report fixed the issue back then. Might be worth a try.

But of course make sure to make a backup before experimenting with it.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

• Johan Larsson 28 posts 98 karma points
    Nov 19, 2014 @ 18:49
    Johan Larsson

Thank you Jan.

When I added the suggested indices to the database I experiencing a small performance improvement but not enough to make me satisified.

It seems like the best solution is to implement an own membership provider. :(

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Nov 19, 2014 @ 22:45
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Johan

Ok, then I think you should bring it up on the issue tracker since I believe Umbraco should be able to handle this amount but perhaps there is a bottleneck somewhere, which needs to be sorted out and this is a good way to bring it to attention for the HQ guys.

Cheers, Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft