Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jesper Ordrup 1019 posts 1528 karma points MVP
    Nov 19, 2014 @ 09:42
    Jesper Ordrup

Error When installing Umbraco using nuget (after vs2013 update 4)

Hi all,

Install package cmd reports

Install-Package : Already referencing a newer version of 'Microsoft.AspNet.WebApi.WebHost'.

Any clues?

Full output:

PM> Install-Package UmbracoCms 
    Attempting to resolve dependency 'UmbracoCms.Core (= 7.1.8)'.
    Attempting to resolve dependency 'Microsoft.AspNet.Mvc (≥ 4.0.30506.0 && < 5.0.0)'.
    Attempting to resolve dependency 'Microsoft.AspNet.WebPages (≥ 2.0.20710.0)'.
    Attempting to resolve dependency 'Microsoft.Web.Infrastructure (≥ 1.0.0.0)'.
    Attempting to resolve dependency 'Microsoft.AspNet.Razor (≥ 2.0.20710.0 && < 2.1)'.
    Attempting to resolve dependency 'Microsoft.AspNet.WebApi (≥ 4.0.30506 && < 5.0.0)'.
    Attempting to resolve dependency 'Microsoft.AspNet.WebApi.WebHost (≥ 4.0.20710.0)'.
    Attempting to resolve dependency 'Microsoft.AspNet.WebApi.Core (≥ 5.2.0 && < 5.3.0)'.
    Attempting to resolve dependency 'Microsoft.AspNet.WebApi.Client (≥ 5.2.0)'.
    Attempting to resolve dependency 'Newtonsoft.Json (≥ 4.5.11)'.
    Attempting to resolve dependency 'Microsoft.AspNet.WebApi.WebHost (≥ 4.0.30506 && < 5.0.0)'.
    Install-Package : Already referencing a newer version of 'Microsoft.AspNet.WebApi.WebHost'.
    At line:1 char:1
    + Install-Package UmbracoCms
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Install-Package], InvalidOperationException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : NuGetCmdletUnhandledException,NuGet.PowerShell.Commands.InstallPackageCommand

Nov 19, 2014 @ 18:55
    Jesper Ordrup

Might have been related to nuget having problems. Either way - everything is working now ..

best

Jesper

• bbqchickenrobot 14 posts 22 karma points
    Nov 24, 2014 @ 09:44
    bbqchickenrobot

Getting the same thing after update to VS.NET 2013 update 4.... any help is appreciated....

Nov 24, 2014 @ 09:50
    Jesper Ordrup

Hi bbq,

A few things I did. At the time I concluded that my problems were due to nuget servers having some downtime so I didnt put much attention to what I did. I dont know if nuget is having problems again. Might check that.

But I remember doing some of this:

- Gave up and shutdown the computer until next day :-)
    - Upon restart some windows updates were installed
    - In Visual studio I ensured that everything with an update was updated. Including the Nuget Package Manager update
    - Disabled Web essentials. Until I did this - no projects could even be opened.

Good luck
    Jesper 

• Angelo 111 posts 260 karma points
    Dec 19, 2014 @ 10:45
    Angelo

any news on this one ? 

thank you 

AS

Dec 19, 2014 @ 11:24
    Jesper Ordrup

Hi angelo,

Yes - pls. see the post from me just before yours.

In general ... update your visual studio, update extensions. turn off web essentials.

best
    Jesper 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft