Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dan Sørensen 102 posts 327 karma points
    Nov 19, 2014 @ 10:18
    Dan Sørensen

develop environment and hosting.

I think this would be simple question so hope some on the forum would explain how they do or how the best way would be to do.

In a short time im about to start on a bigger project so I want to make a good develop environment so it easy to publish changes and I want to have a separate production server so I never build to the live server.

We have done some minor sites on azure and just used the publish solutions in visual studio but this just uploaded directly to the online site and that is a problem because we will have some sitting on the live site at the same time so we want to have an environment to test the published code before it goes online.

I also had some problem with a local development environment because every time I made some local created content it would not always show on the live site and the other way around we used the same database so im thinking of some cash problem maybe anyone have an idea for that as well I would like to avoid this if possible.

Just saw a video about using the github deployment soulition on azure have anyone tried this with umbraco sure it will work, but is this a good solution.

im pretty new to umbraco and mvc so hope someone will help :D

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft