Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• wschwarte 44 posts 73 karma points
    Nov 23, 2014 @ 13:37
    wschwarte

error when saving node while DNS not configured

So i have a umbraco 7.1 website locally and using webmatrix to deploy it to a remote server. All is well. I can access the site on my domain name using a hosts file locally pointing to the correct server. The domain is not accessible through the internet (no DNS yet configured). 

i can add a new node and it will save, but it throws an error (with no details) in the backend. Looking in the trace log it showss this error:

2014-11-23 13:31:48,912 [33] ERROR Umbraco.Web.Scheduling.ScheduledPublishing - [Thread 12] An error occurred with the scheduled publishing
    System.Net.WebException: The remote name could not be resolved: 'staging.example.com'
       at System.Net.WebClient.UploadDataInternal(Uri address, String method, Byte[] data, WebRequest& request)
       at System.Net.WebClient.UploadString(Uri address, String method, String data)
       at System.Net.WebClient.UploadString(String address, String data)
       at Umbraco.Web.Scheduling.ScheduledPublishing.Start(ApplicationContext appContext)

Why is it trying to resolve to my address? It seems like a bug. The pages are added to the site correctly.

• Aaron Lett 21 posts 72 karma points
    Dec 17, 2014 @ 18:16
    Aaron Lett

Any movement on this? I've got a site created and ready to launch pending Document Type changes and can't do anything due to this error?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Dec 17, 2014 @ 18:25
    Jan Skovgaard

HI Guys

Have you added a hostname to the Umbraco root node? And setup a temporary domain on the IIS at the server like beta.yoursite.com? Or how do you currently access it on the server? Is it by logging into the server and then running the site locally from there?

/Jan

• Aaron Lett 21 posts 72 karma points
    Dec 17, 2014 @ 18:36
    Aaron Lett

Jan,

Currently I access it remotely, but DO have the capability to access on the server as well.

The Debug Info:

[KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.]
       System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key) +14179127
       System.Collections.ObjectModel.KeyedCollection`2.get_Item(TKey key) +70
       Umbraco.Core.Models.ContentBase.GetValue(String propertyTypeAlias) +32
       Umbraco.Web.UI.Umbraco.Dialogs.ChangeDocType.SavePropertyMappings() +459
       Umbraco.Web.UI.Umbraco.Dialogs.ChangeDocType.ValidateAndSave_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +72
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +155
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3804

The UmbracoTraceLog.txt:

2014-12-17 11:11:08,385 [33] ERROR Umbraco.Web.Scheduling.ScheduledPublishing - [Thread 41] An error occurred with the scheduled publishing
    System.Net.WebException: The remote name could not be resolved: 'sandbox.ramquest.com'
       at System.Net.WebClient.UploadDataInternal(Uri address, String method, Byte[] data, WebRequest& request)
       at System.Net.WebClient.UploadString(Uri address, String method, String data)
       at Umbraco.Web.Scheduling.ScheduledPublishing.Run()

This apparently happened after upgrading from 7.1 to 7.2

• wschwarte 44 posts 73 karma points
    Dec 22, 2014 @ 08:27
    wschwarte

"Have you added a hostname to the Umbraco root node? And setup a temporary domain on the IIS at the server like beta.yoursite.com? Or how do you currently access it on the server? Is it by logging into the server and then running the site locally from there?"

In my case it was a default installation, no hostname set in Umbraco. No DNS configured. external hosting account. Added "staging.example.com" to hostheader in IIS. added "staging.example.com" to hosts file on local machine. This way i can access the site using the hostname, rest of the world not. After site is complete i would add host to global DNS.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft