Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Murray 18 posts 40 karma points
    Nov 23, 2014 @ 13:41
    Murray

Pool Restart

I have an umbraco 7 app which i have deployed on a Win 2012 server with App Pool Identity Security. I have some pages which are secured using the membership security mechanism and a login page for memebrs to login in. All the functionality works when logged in or not, but when a member is logged in the App Pool recycles with a meesage:

2014-11-23 12:31:21,428 [8] INFO  umbraco.BusinessLogic.Log - [Thread 6] Log scrubbed.  Removed all items older than 2014-09-24 12:31:21
    2014-11-23 12:31:21,440 [8] INFO  Umbraco.Core.UmbracoApplicationBase - [Thread 6] Application shutdown. Reason: ConfigurationChange

What this means is that when logged in the App does a restart at practically every request.

This does not happen on my dev machine.

I understand that ConfigurationChange means that one of the ASP config files (web.config + others?) have changed, but I'm not sure why they might have changed or which files may have changed.  Currently it is a dev VM and has no other 'agents' which might be affecting the config file.  It appears to be directly linked to whether I am logged in as a member or not?

Any ideas?

• Murray 18 posts 40 karma points
    Nov 30, 2014 @ 19:41
    Murray

I think I have sorted this. So in case anyone elese has this problem, it is probably to do with security.

I have been deploying my site via Cruise Control and I think that my CCnet user caused permissions problems with the files in the live site.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft