Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dan Sørensen 102 posts 327 karma points
    Nov 25, 2014 @ 12:29
    Dan Sørensen

Macro in rich text editor

I recently saw an issue with my macros rendering in rich text editoren. When I insert the macro it works great but when I save and publish it jumps back to only show the macro like if it was set to not render in the editor. ? The macro is getting a member from the name I insert into it. And here comes the wired part some members work fine some don't so I was thinking it was something with my code but cant see where it should make any different because it get the same info on all members nothing change. hope someone maybe know of this issue.

• admiss 20 posts 100 karma points
    Jul 28, 2016 @ 09:13
    admiss

Hi all

I'm quite new with Umbraco (7.4.3)

I've 4 Macros to be rendered in the RTE. Everything is working fine, macro content is showing in the Grid, BUT the edited content can't be saved . When I make a change in the RTE, it's not saving

<div class="umb-macro-holder mceNonEditable"><!-- <?UMBRACO_MACRO macroAlias="WhatEver" /> --><ins> ..... </ins></div>

Can this "mceNonEditable" rule/setting cause that problem?

Not sure, if it's a Macro or RTE specific thing.

Macro Settings:

Cache period: 0

Cache by Page: not thicked

Cache personalized: not thicked

I think this may be set up in the RTE (TinyMice3)

Any thoughts appreciated

• admiss 20 posts 100 karma points
    Jul 28, 2016 @ 11:18
    admiss

Yes, the mceNonEditable class is coming from the TinyMice RTE's NoneEditable Plugin

"This plugin enables you to prevent users from being able to change (i.e. edit) content within elements assigned the mceNonEditable class."

I think this is the solution: https://www.tinymce.com/docs/plugins/noneditable/

Wondering where to find & change it to "mceEditable" - or trying to figure out why is TinyMice passing mceNonEditable class to Macros??

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft