Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Fraser Kelly 14 posts 22 karma points
    Nov 25, 2014 @ 20:01
    Fraser Kelly

Umbraco not loading after package install

Hi

I've just installed the Scheduled Tasks package from the package repository onto a live site and now Umbraco is stuck continuously loading. The site itself loads quickly, and seems to be perfectly fine.

I've already installed the package both locally, and on a dev site, and it worked fine.

Hoping someone can help?

(Apologies for my use of terminology, I'm still learning .NET and umbraco)

Thanks
    Fraser

• Jeavon Leopold 3074 posts 13631 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Nov 25, 2014 @ 20:05
    Jeavon Leopold

Hi Fraser,

Do you know if the package you installed was this one?

Also, could you check in your /App_Data/Logs folder for the UmbracoTraceLog.txt file, and check towards to bottom for any Error logs?

Jeavon

Nov 25, 2014 @ 20:23
    Fraser Kelly

Hi,

Yes it was that one. I should mention it's using Umbraco v7.1.7.

I'm afraid I don't currently have access to the back-end files. I was planning on just doing a little work on the website content out-of-hours and couldn't gain access to Umbraco.

Though, this happened yesterday before having to restore to a backup. The only files affected by the package install were in the /Config and /Umbraco folders. The only reason I tried to install it again was because I thought the original install was affected by internet connectivity problems.

Fraser

Nov 25, 2014 @ 20:31
    Jeavon Leopold

Wow, firstly It's pretty amazing it works on your local machine as it was build for Umbraco v4 and a lot has changed since then!

We will really need you get get hold of that log file in order to work out what's going wrong, do you have any way of getting it?

Nov 25, 2014 @ 20:35
    Fraser Kelly

I'm afraid not.

I think I was just a bit ambitious wanting to get this issue sorted tonight. I'd hoped there might've been a quick fix (as if there ever is!)

I appreciate your time, and will return tomorrow with further information.

Thanks

Nov 26, 2014 @ 10:09
    Fraser Kelly

Morning

I have reviewed last night's suggestions, and looked in the TraceLog for any errors, but there are none relating to this issue.

Umbraco seems to be loading after a minute or so in Firefox, but Chrome and IE just continue loading and never open.

Thanks

Nov 26, 2014 @ 10:11
    Jeavon Leopold

Morning,

In Chrome do you see any console errors?

Jeavon

Nov 26, 2014 @ 10:16
    Fraser Kelly

Yes,

/DependencyHandler.axd?s=L3VtYnJhY28vQXBwX1BsdWdpbnMv…

This is the only error appearing in the console.

Nov 26, 2014 @ 10:20
    Jeavon Leopold

hmm, ok, maybe edit your /config/ClientDependency.config file and increase the version number and make sure that your Chrome cache is cleared, with Developer Tools open right click the refresh button and choose "Empty Cache and Hard Reload".

Nov 26, 2014 @ 10:26
    Fraser Kelly

The website (actual site, not umbraco) threw an error when the version number was increased.
    The empty cache, and hard refresh didn't seem to work either.

Nov 26, 2014 @ 10:30
    Jeavon Leopold

Does the error message have anything useful in it? If not please check that log file again for details.

Nov 26, 2014 @ 10:35
    Fraser Kelly

This has been logged in the TraceLog:

ERROR Umbraco.Web.Scheduling.ScheduledTasks - [Thread 8] An error occurred calling web task for url: [Website]/umbraco/plugins/TaskScheduler/handlers/ScheduledTaskHandler.ashx
    System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 82.113.143.248:80
       at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
       at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
       at Umbraco.Web.Scheduling.ScheduledTasks.GetTaskByHttp(String url)

I hope this helps

Thanks

Nov 26, 2014 @ 11:42
    Jeavon Leopold

I don't think that would cause your issue, is there anything else in there?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Nov 26, 2014 @ 11:45
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi guys

@Fraser: Are you running .NET 4.5 on your server and .NET 4.0 on your local environments? Just checked the package page and it's not really Umbraco version dependent it seems but it says it requires .NET 4.0.

/Jan

Nov 26, 2014 @ 12:15
    Fraser Kelly

Hi All

I do apologise tremendously for this waste of your time, but the client no longer needs this installed package, and so Umbraco has been reverted to a backup (once again).

Thanks for all your help anyway.

Fraser

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft