Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Fred - CT 9 posts 29 karma points
    Nov 26, 2014 @ 15:12
    Fred - CT

no current PublishedContentRequest

Hi,

I've got a PartialView (@inherits Umbraco.Web.Mvc.UmbracoTemplatePage) that show the children of the current page. All children have a proprerty which value from the Wysiwyg. On this Wysiwyg, the user can select a MacroPartialView.

When I show that PartialView for the first time, everything rendering well. On that page, I have a button to reload the PartialView using $.ajax. When rendering the PartialView using ajax, I get the following error on the children page which content from editor which has a MacroPartialView.

Error : Cannot render a macro when there is no current PublishedContentRequest.

à Umbraco.Web.UmbracoHelper.RenderMacro(String alias, IDictionary`2 parameters)
       à Umbraco.Web.PropertyEditors.ValueConverters.RteMacroRenderingValueConverter.<>c__DisplayClass7.<RenderRteMacros>b__1(String macroAlias, Dictionary`2 macroAttributes)
       à Umbraco.Core.Macros.MacroTagParser.ParseMacros(String text, Action`1 textFoundCallback, Action`2 macroFoundCallback)
       à Umbraco.Web.PropertyEditors.ValueConverters.RteMacroRenderingValueConverter.RenderRteMacros(String source, Boolean preview)
       à Umbraco.Web.PropertyEditors.ValueConverters.RteMacroRenderingValueConverter.ConvertDataToSource(PublishedPropertyType propertyType, Object source, Boolean preview)
       à Umbraco.Core.Models.PublishedContent.PublishedPropertyType.ConvertDataToSource(Object source, Boolean preview)
       à Umbraco.Web.PublishedCache.XmlPublishedCache.XmlPublishedProperty.<.ctor>b__0()
       à System.Lazy`1.CreateValue()
       à System.Lazy`1.LazyInitValue()
       à System.Lazy`1.get_Value()
       à Umbraco.Web.PublishedCache.XmlPublishedCache.XmlPublishedProperty.<.ctor>b__1()
       à System.Lazy`1.CreateValue()
       à System.Lazy`1.LazyInitValue()
       à System.Lazy`1.get_Value()
       à Umbraco.Web.PublishedCache.XmlPublishedCache.XmlPublishedProperty.get_Value()
       à ASP._Page_Views_Partials_NewsListItems_cshtml.Execute() dans c:\CITI_SVN\trunk\SOURCE\Umbraco\7.1.8\Views\Partials\NewsListItems.cshtml:ligne 55

Thanks in advance for your help

• Jeavon Leopold 3072 posts 13628 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Nov 26, 2014 @ 19:55
    Jeavon Leopold

Can you please explain what you mean by reloading the Partial View with Ajax?

Nov 27, 2014 @ 11:40
    Fred - CT

The ajax call is

$.ajax({
    type: "GET",
    cache: false,
    url: "@Url.Action("[MySurfaceControllerAction]", "[MySurfaceControllerName]", new { area = string.Empty })",
    data: [MyDataParameters],
    dataType: "HTML",
    success: function (content) {
    $("#[MyControlID]").html(content);
    }
    });

That ajax code call [MySurfaceControllerAction] from [MySurfaceControllerName] which return PartialView("[MyPartialViewName]")

In a part of the view, I've @Umbraco.Field(page, "htmlContent") which render the content from editor which has a MacroPartialView.

I'hope this help. Please ask if you don't understand.

• Jeavon Leopold 3072 posts 13628 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Nov 27, 2014 @ 20:13
    Jeavon Leopold

Ok, I think I see. Could you post the Surface Controller code also?

Have you considered a UmbracoApiController instead for getting the data to JavaScript?

Nov 28, 2014 @ 10:32
    Fred - CT

I don't have consider the UmbracoApiController. I'm not sure to understand why il would be better.

public class NewsController : SurfaceController
    {
            public ActionResult Search(int idPage, string from, string to)
            {
                //Parse date to
                DateTime dateTo = DateTime.Today;
                if (!DateTime.TryParse(to, out dateTo))

dateTo = DateTime.Today;

//Parse date from
                DateTime dateFrom = dateTo.AddMonths(-1);
                if (!DateTime.TryParse(from, out dateFrom))
                    dateFrom = dateTo.AddMonths(-1);

//Swap the dates if needed
                if (dateFrom > dateTo)
                {
                    DateTime swap = dateFrom;
                    dateFrom = dateTo;
                    dateTo = swap;
                }

//Get the page
                IPublishedContent newsPage = Umbraco.Content(idPage);

//Get the list of result
                List<IPublishedContent> results = newsPage.Children.Cast<IPublishedContent>().Where(news => 
                    ((news.GetProperty("newsDate").HasValue && Convert.ToDateTime(news.GetProperty("newsDate").Value) > new DateTime(1900, 1, 1)) ? Convert.ToDateTime(news.GetProperty("newsDate").Value) : news.CreateDate) > dateFrom &&
                    ((news.GetProperty("newsDate").HasValue && Convert.ToDateTime(news.GetProperty("newsDate").Value) > new DateTime(1900, 1, 1)) ? Convert.ToDateTime(news.GetProperty("newsDate").Value) : news.CreateDate) < dateTo).ToList();

ViewBag.NewsResult = results;

return PartialView("NewsListItems");
            }
    }

The "results" is put into the ViewBag instead as model of the PartialView. The idPage correspond to a main page "News". All the children are "News" placed under.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft