Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Christine 115 posts 288 karma points
    Nov 26, 2014 @ 16:00
    Christine

Template not saved

Hello,

I've got myself in a bit of a mess working in Visual Studio and the Umbraco backoffice with creating/deleting templates.

I cannot save any templates now in the back office.  I get this message

"Template not saved: Template does not existItem has already been added. Key in dictionary: 'locations' Key being added: 'locations'. Check log for details."

I've searched on the forum and apprently resetting/recycling the app pool might fix this, but I'm not sure how to do that.

Thanks in advance for your help!

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Nov 26, 2014 @ 16:04
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Christine

You can simply just touch the web.config in order to recycle the app pool. Just open your web.config file from the website root and then hit "Save".

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Nov 26, 2014 @ 16:10
    Christine

Thanks I did try this, but the error message presists.  When I try to delete a template in the back office I get this message as well:

"Server error: Contact administrator, see log for full details.

Failed to delete item 1084"

Nov 26, 2014 @ 16:36
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Christine

Ok - Is it possible for you to delete the templates and then re-create them in Umbraco first before you edit them in Visual Studio?

Before doing so make sure to copy the templates on disk into a temporary folder so you can easily copy/paste the content into the new templates afterwards.

This should do the trick so the error disappears. The key is to create the template using Umbraco and then just edit them using visual studio or whatever editor you fancy.

Hope this makes sense.

/Jan

Nov 26, 2014 @ 16:46
    Christine

I can do this moving forward, but the problem is I deleted the templates in Visual studio and now I cannot delete or save any templates in Umbraco

Nov 26, 2014 @ 16:50
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Christine

Have you tried recreating the templates on disk instead then? Does that help?

Otherwise you might need to have a peek in the database and delete the templates that way around.

/Jan

Nov 26, 2014 @ 17:08
    Christine

I deleted the rows of the duplicate tempates in the database, but now I can't access any templates in the back office :( 

Nov 26, 2014 @ 17:33
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Christine

I assume you did take a backup before doing so?

What error message do you see now? Please post it in here.

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft