Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mark Evans 86 posts 116 karma points
    Nov 27, 2014 @ 12:11
    Mark Evans

content channel

can someone explain the Content Channel in user admin of umbraco...

what impact do the dropdowns have?

i have a user setup what appears identical to another and yet they see no content when they log in just the recycle bin...

they do have different start nodes but the only only thing it could be is content channel.... but not sure what the document type option does....

• Mark Evans 86 posts 116 karma points
    Nov 27, 2014 @ 12:17
    Mark Evans

another thing every time she logs in she keeps seeing the change password screen, cant get rid of it on the content page... changing password doesnt get rid of it either

however media section shows ok

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Nov 27, 2014 @ 23:36
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Mark,

If you have access to the Umbraco TV, you could login on umbraco.com and see this video about content channels. http://umbraco.com/help-and-support/video-tutorials/umbraco-fundamentals/building-a-faq/content-channels

I know this is a old Umbraco TV video, but I couldn't find a video about content channels, on the new version of the Umbraco TV.

Hope this can explain the Content Channel in user admin of Umbraco.

/Dennis

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Nov 27, 2014 @ 23:40
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Mark,

I also found a blogpost from ProWorks there also explains what content channels is. In the blogpost there are taking point in that you what to create and pubish content to your Umbraco website from a mobile phone. http://www.proworks.com/blog/2012/08/06/publish-blogs-or-content-to-umbraco-from-your-mobile-phone/

Hope this blogpost can be useful also.

/Dennis

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Nov 28, 2014 @ 06:14
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Mark

When you say "Content channel" is it then because you want your editors to be able to add content using Windows live writer or Word or something outside of Umbraco? Because to me it sounds like your users are logged into the Umbraco backoffice?

Could you perhaps show us a screendump of what it is your user is seeing? Just so we're clear about the exact issue.

If it's because your editor is going to add content from another channel than Umbraco then by all means read the documentation Dennis has provided. Not sure if it works the same way in 7 though. But let's try to figure it out then :)

Cheers, Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft