Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mark Evans 86 posts 116 karma points
    Nov 28, 2014 @ 11:22
    Mark Evans

macro partial error

i have a login form where users are unable to login with valid credentials.

when i look at the page in umbraco the body text just contains the login macro partial however it shows in the textbox as an error....

Error loading Partial View script (file: ~/Views/MacroPartials/Login.cshtml)

Although the login renders ok in the page despite this error messgae would this possibly be affecting the functionality causing the login issue?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Nov 28, 2014 @ 12:00
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Mark

I'm not sure what you're asking here - Is it how to figure out why the macro is throwing an error? Or is it if it matter to the login functionality? (Sorry if I'm missing it totally).

/Jan

Nov 28, 2014 @ 12:02
    Mark Evans

its how to figure why the macro is throwing an error?

i was only wondering if this was contributing to the inability to login.... but yes would like to resolve it as other macros insert into the page without this error

• jivan thapa 194 posts 681 karma points
    Nov 28, 2014 @ 12:18
    jivan thapa

Hi,

Find the umb config file located on /config/umbracoSettings.config and change from " <MacroErrors>inline</MacroErrors>" to " <MacroErrors>throw</MacroErrors>". And you can see the actual errors.

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Nov 28, 2014 @ 12:19
    Dave Woestenborghs

How are you adding the macro ? Are you calling it from your view or do you have inserted it in the Rich Text Editor?

Maybe calling your page with the querystring umbdebug=true. This will provide some useful information. Make sure to set the debug attribute of your compilation tag in the web.config to true to get this working

Dave

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Nov 28, 2014 @ 12:22
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Mark

Ok, then you might need to make use of the debug profiler? See the answers from me and Dave here http://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-7/using-umbraco-7/49459-umbdebug-version-7

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Nov 28, 2014 @ 13:48
    Mark Evans

the macro is included via the RTE...

when changing inline to throw i get this error..

"failed to retrieve macro result for macro with alias login"

• jivan thapa 194 posts 681 karma points
    Nov 28, 2014 @ 14:34
    jivan thapa

Backup your macro "Login.cshtml".

Could you comment (@* *@) all codes inside login.cshtml or make it empty, just for a testing purpose. And see what will it happen. I assume, it should not throw any error, and should not render login form when login.cshtml file is empty.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft