Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Arturo Soler 24 posts 77 karma points
    Nov 28, 2014 @ 16:15
    Arturo Soler

UmbracoMembershipProvider members.Login autologin from Windows Authentication

I took several days trying to link windows authentication with umbraco members.  The idea is simple and there are enough entries in this forum, even a package for earlier versions (I'm on 7.1.8).

The idea is simple and there are enough entries in this forum, even a package for earlier versions (I'm on 7.2)

Create a document type autologin with the following template

@inherits Umbraco.Web.Mvc.UmbracoTemplatePage
    @using System.Web.Mvc;

@{
        Layout = null;
        var nombreUsuario = HttpContext.Current.User.Identity.Name
                                            .ToLower()
                                            .Replace(@"dominio\""");
        var miembro = Membership.GetUser(nombreUsuario);
        if (miembro == null) 
        {
            miembro = Membership.CreateUser(nombreUsuario, 
                                            "121dfgslieg",
                                            "[email protected]");
            Roles.AddUserToRole(nombreUsuario, "Normal");
        }
        Members.Login(nombreUsuario, "121dfgslieg");
        Response.Redirect(Request.Url.ToString());
    }

At Umbraco Content:

• Create an autologin page based on this type and template and an empty page for errors.
    • Set up public access rorel based on the root node leading and point to auto-login page as login.
    • Disable anonymous access in IIS and enable Windows integrated authenticacion.

Before getting the proper method (Members.Login) if the autologin failed, the application went into a loop page-login-page-login -... etc. After a few tries everything worked fine in IIS Express (visual studio 2013) but the loop play again when I moved to IIS 7.5.

Furthermore, back to IIS Express it occurred to me to try Internet Explorer 10 (previous tests had been with Chrome) And again appeared the loop!!!

Currently I have decided not to use Umbraco members but I have curiosity, because there must be some explanation. Maybe because we are actually working with System.Web.Security?

Any suggestions?

• Ankur parekh 5 posts 74 karma points
    Nov 03, 2016 @ 19:37
    Ankur parekh

Hey Arturo,

Can you please help me with Windows authentication I am using 7.5.4. I want to configure Active Directory also. Thanks in advance!

Ankur

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft